BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for some info ya`ll may have to offer. I am looking at having the back half of my TJ sprayed.(carpet in Jeeps are low quality at best, and is becoming a hassel) I`m looking at Rhino, not paint-ons or copies. Do they charge much more for colors. Several years ago, I was quoated approx $500 for the entire floor area, so I`m guessing somewhere around 2-300. All facts and opinions welcome-THANKS...PS, I was the yellow TJ at Sport Trucks last weekend.(If you were there ,what were you in?)

------------------
`01 TJ, 4" Pro Comp,5 33-12.5`s on eagle alloys,swing away tire carrier, KC Day Lighters.future mods,gears, tail shaft and pre runner front bumper

·
Registered
158 Posts
Your quote seems about right for the Rhino. I was quoted at $400-450 US depending on how much prep-work they had to do. If I were you (or anyone for that matter) I would spend the money and have it done.

They do charge a bit more for color. I'm not sure how much though. I think that you should do your entire tub instead of just the back half.

------------------
Play hard + Rest easy
Drive a Jeep
'92 YJ

[This message has been edited by OptBlackNite (edited September 15, 2001).]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wanted to go for a Rhinoliner myself but it was too expensive. I bought a gallon of Durabak and did my entire floor and sidewalls of my YJ and it turned out GREAT! I'm so happy with it and all the guys in my Jeep club are wanting to do it too. Try www.appliedsurfaces.com for Durabak. I got grey and it was $99 a gallon.

------------------
'90 YJ 4.2, TF999, AC, 4" Pro Comp Lift, homemade Juice box (it's really a Ford 300 setup), stainless hinges all around, lookin' for wheels and tires

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
I can't recall if non-black Rhinoliner cost more or not. You might as well get the whole tub sprayed while you're at it. You won't regret it.

Try calling Superior Linings in North Van: 604-986-8262 and talk to Darin or Steve.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

G

·
Originally posted by mikebyrd:
I wanted to go for a Rhinoliner myself but it was too expensive. I bought a gallon of Durabak and did my entire floor and sidewalls of my YJ and it turned out GREAT! I'm so happy with it and all the guys in my Jeep club are wanting to do it too. Try www.appliedsurfaces.com for Durabak. I got grey and it was $99 a gallon.

How manny gallons did you have to buy?

------------------
High Country Explorers
Red YJ 4" lift
"I hope that was the skidplate"
www.members.home.net/ichris4x4/index

·
Registered
382 Posts
Try the roll on Hippo liner a Canadian tire.
The finished product looks the same as rhino liner. But I cant say that it is as good.
As far as I know rhino is the best but 50.00
for hippo and it will do the whole jeep give it a shot.

G

·
Originally posted by N8:
Try the roll on Hippo liner a Canadian tire.
The finished product looks the same as rhino liner. But I cant say that it is as good.
As far as I know rhino is the best but 50.00
for hippo and it will do the whole jeep give it a shot.

HOw much did you need to buy to put a healthy coat into the floor and sidewalls of a YJ?

------------------
High Country Explorers
Red YJ 4" lift
"I hope that was the skidplate"
www.members.home.net/ichris4x4/index

·
Registered
382 Posts
HOw much did you need to buy to put a healthy coat into the floor and sidewalls of a YJ?

You should only need to buy the normal kit.
Does about a 1/4" thick all the way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Originally posted by lars:
I can't recall if non-black Rhinoliner cost more or not. You might as well get the whole tub sprayed while you're at it. You won't regret it.

Try calling Superior Linings in North Van: 604-986-8262 and talk to Darin or Steve.

...lars

How much did it cost to get the whole tub done in black/grey?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i heard nothing but good things about Rhino lining. My suggestion is to spray the entire tub with Rhino. and i also have heard that it's a good thing to use the brush on stuff for the undercarage of the body, so you are protecting the body from both ends.

------------------
95'YJ (my toy)
83'CJ8 (Staying stock)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've talked to the guys from Rhiono-liner (they do have a shop in the lower main land i don't know where though but they set up a both at Trade-X sports mans show they even give free samples)to get the whole veichle done is about $500-$600 cnd. The thing is you have to strip everything out your self. (Basicaly all you can have in there is the drivers seat and seat belt. You even have to take appart your dash and they'll get behind it though) so it must be cheeper to get just the back half done. Oh and yes colour do cost more.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used the hippo liner from canadian tire. I used one package just to cover the back of the jeep. This gave me a realy thick coat. Waiting for the summer to do the front. I have had no problems with the hippo liner.

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by need*a*jeep:
I've talked to the guys from Rhiono-liner (they do have a shop in the lower main land i don't know where though but they set up a both at Trade-X sports mans show they even give free samples)to get the whole veichle done is about $500-$600 cnd. The thing is you have to strip everything out your self. (Basicaly all you can have in there is the drivers seat and seat belt. You even have to take appart your dash and they'll get behind it though) so it must be cheeper to get just the back half done. Oh and yes colour do cost more.
Superior Linings in North Vancouver is a Rhino Lining shop. Call Darren or Steve at 604-986-8262.

I got my entire tub sprayed up to the top of the gas pedal in my Jeep. The only thing I had to remove was the gas pedal. The dash stayed in place. $500-600 sounds about right. It was one of the best upgrades I've done to my Jeep. I just hose out the floor if it gets too muddy or dusty.

They'd prefer to spray the tailgate with it off the Jeep so before you go, make sure you can unbolt the tailgate (torx bolts may strip so resolve this issue before you go there). If you want the rollbar out of the Jeep, you may also want to do this a day or two ahead of time to make sure you can get all the bolts out. When re-installing, a die grinder might be required to egg-out some of the holes in the rollbar mounting platees since the liner will position things slightly differently.

...lars

[This message has been edited by lars (edited October 30, 2001).]

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by aquaman:
I used the hippo liner from canadian tire. I used one package just to cover the back of the jeep. This gave me a realy thick coat. Waiting for the summer to do the front. I have had no problems with the hippo liner.
Hey aquaman

Have you had any peeling of the paint from exhaust heat, or chipping?? How thick of a coat did it give you?

thanks

------------------
If it aint broke...it aint a JEEP.
88YJ, 4"susp. 2" body, 33" muds, custom shackles, locker, custom bumper & tire carrier.

·
Registered
10 Posts
no peeling or cracking. Ive only had it on for 6 months. I coulnt tell you exactly how thick it is. The kit sould cover the entire tub but what I did was apply it to only half the tub let it cure in the sun for a few hours then apply the rest and let it cure for a few days in the hot summer sun...Oh yes I also bought a good honeycomb roller to apply it...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts