BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently was given a pair of Trail Gear rock sliders for free. (thanx steve). Anyways these sliders are 73" long and my truck from wheel flare to wheel flare is 91''. I have posted a few pics of the sliders centered in place under the rocker panel and they are spaced 10'' inside, either side of the wheel flares. The mounts for the sliders where cut off so I will need to weld new frame mounts onto them as well as mount them onto the frame.

My question is should I mount them as seen in the pics or attempt to lengthen them to better suite the Dakota wheelbase?

What thickness material is best suited for the mounting plate?? Is 3/16" enough or should I bump up to 1/4 inch??

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
wow, no fuking around for you. those things spent months leaning on the side of my house. i'm glad you're going to get use out of them.

i was thinking about how to make them longer. i think you should cut the closed ends off and get some solid round stock that fits tightly inside along with some more tubing that is the same size as what is there. then weld up the extending pieces. then you just need to get some tubing bent and cut to make the outer part longer.

i really like this design myself

·
Registered
571 Posts
I like those pictures steve put up, that would be really usefull with the extended part for steps to get into the front of the box

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great thanx for the tip sass. I will be stuck in a course all this week so I won't be getting materials until the weekend.

What about the plate? Should I use 1/4'' or is 3/16 enough if it grabs the bottom and side of frame rail?

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
I like those pictures steve put up, that would be really usefull with the extended part for steps to get into the front of the box
the kick out part is there more to guide you away from a rock or tree.

go to about 2:09 of this video to see
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2DkobXYy_x0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2DkobXYy_x0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.