BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow
I can not believe what I have read about this incident,,, get a life kissmyaxle
you can kiss my #$%. I wheel with Mike all the time and his pathfinder was a thing of beauty and something to be proud of, this is not the time to put down his rig. If you spent half the time building your truck as you did posting on this site(480 posts, my God what are you doing ????) you may understand what it means to have a truck like Mikes.
Anyways Mike loves this sport and asked me to post what he thinks, he is sincere.

Hello,
My name is Mike, owner of the belly up pathy on the Eagle Ridge cut........aaauuhhhh...I have no idea where to start.
Thank-you to all of you who have shown your sympathy as to my misfortune, and told us your stories of your close calls.
here is what happened. When I approched the first obstacle on the cut, my engine stalled out. I restarted it only to have it stall out again and again and again......thus loosing pressure in my break booster.....in tern causining break failure, the rest of the story you know. This technical misfortune could happen to anyone....if so....god bless you!
After making sure my passenger and I were ok there was only one thing we could do. We gathered our belongings and cleaned up all we could fit in our bags and walked the 8km home in the pouring rain.
To all who feel I did a pour clean up job...my girlfriend and I hiked the trail that night in an absolute downpour with our flashlights and backpacks. Together removing over 250lbs of gear and parts from the scene...looking around in the dark pouring night it looked like it had been left fairly well.
I had spoken with the towing company as to what had been left to pick up....which he did. When I had reviewed the truck at ICBC the tow truck driver had retrieved all the window mouldings and debris that fell off. Thank you Surrey-Wide Towing!! As for the rest of the parts (shovel, high-lift jack, etc) somebody must have felt there was a Coquitlam flee market! UP YOURS THIEVES!!!!
As for the oil that may have poured out.....I am an environmentalist and it makes me sick to think what I may have caused to the environment. As to the gentleman who spoke of the absorbal mats, thank you for your clean up part, solution and idea...but there was over 1000 gallons of water pouring down the trail that night and if there is enough absorbal to dry up lake Michigan then I would have cleaned it up!!!
As for my puny tires I thought 38.5 TSL Boggers were pretty big! I gather they aren't. What do you got?
P.S. Anybody want to buy a set of 3wk old 38.5 boggers?
Lastly, Toyota-Man with the mouth. I try to be the most courteous person. If you are the guy I think you are, with the 7inch lift White 4Runner detroit lockers, 35inch BFG Muds who had his roof off, I think you took it too far with what you said that I was saying. I said nothing of the sort nor would I say anything to put down another off-roaders vehicle. When I met you I pulled up and you had nothing nice to say about my vehicle nor the time, money or effort I put in. I may have said one thing because I felt extremely offended by you boasting in front of your friends. I apologize if I offended you in any manner.
I don't have a computer because I put all my money in my truck, so....when I have the opportunity to read this page again I hope you all had the opportunity as well.

Signing off the end of an era....
NISSON OF A BITCH!!!!!
It finally happened
THE PARTS-FINDER IS DEAD!!!!!!!!
P.S. on the way up that day the RCMP and Coquitlam City had recovered a stripped TJ, I hope you have not mistaken the parts left behind from that scene as being mine. Also, they said in two weeks that the trail would be gated and locked from future use due to vehicle theft...Start your Rally's now for I would participate!!!

------------------
Blazin Obsession

·
Registered
327 Posts
I haven't been really following to much I no the important things. However I will be heading up there Wendsday to check it out if indeed there are some parts that Mike may have missed or even from the tj I will pick them up. I will return what ever I find to Mike. No bitching no criticism no fault, I will just do it. If anyone wants to come along I will be going in the morning rain or shine. Time is in the air right now.

P.S good luck with your truck Mike

Jason

------------------
92yj d44 front& rear.4.09
33 geolanders
mazda 626 seats
2.5 susp lift 3" body
revolver shackles coming
with motor swap..

·
Registered
277 Posts
hey mike
i'm glad you posted the story about this and i'm also real glad you and a your buddy made it out safly. i am also the one that posted the clean up thing. Well your buddy funinbc had his 15min in fame with bashing me lot's and when it came to it he left me "hangen"
at the end he challenged me to go clean up the remainder of part and i so gladly accepted with a post to him to join me there but he did not accept the offer reason unknown??
but the one thing i do want you to know is that i do feel for you and your lose of the wheels i would feel the same if it happened and i hope it doesn't....
I'm sorry for what ever i said to bring back the painful exp. i was just making comment to the cleaning up after ourselve and it started from there

pss let me be the first to say if you ever want to go up again with anyone email me and i'll be glad to have you..

psss i really hope there is no hard feelings between us as i really don't know you and you
don't me..

------------------
[email protected]
81 toyo
not much but it's my toy
and it's never let me down EVER
remember what we go in with we must come out with even if it is just parts !!

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
It's heartening to see that the person at the centre of this controversy was able to post a very well thought-out reply free of sniping and malice. Well done, Mike.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
1,269 Posts
Mike: Your a true soldier for hiking back up and cleaning up. I feel your loss and know what it's like to be sitting at the top of a hill with the brakes slowly fading away. As for your friends on this board who have decided to run their mouths on your behalf, maybe you should ask be the first one to say something about it next time instead of them making you look bad by acting like pompous asses and bashing people who were concerned with the entire situation, not just a bashed up truck.

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, some mods, lots of duct tape and zap straps.

·
Registered
145 Posts
well i took a look at the pictures of the roll. mike is lucky he is not dead. this is why it is so important to have a roll cage when your wheeling small or fullsize vehical. this whole mess could have been way less if he had a cage. i have been building cages for a while now and if it wasn't for the cages i have built both in my brothers and my friends they would have both been in the same boat as mike. i feel for mike and i hope he hasn't scared himself out of the sport. as soon as he gets another vehical i will be more than willing to help him build or design a good cage. mike, you had a nice rig. too bad. good luck in your next project rig. remember to build a cage.

steve

------------------
westcoast rockhuggers offroad club

·
Registered
54 Posts
hey mike i don't know you but glad ho hear that you made it out okay also please don't take what kissmyaxle says to heart i have met him on eagle and the aditude he gave us just gave him a bad name, i really think that his ego is bigger than his truck.

.........vibe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts