BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twice in the past week i've left my lights on - a real pain in the a** with the two batteries, anyways i had trouble roll starting it for some reason, it was not a steep slope but enough to get it moving
I finally has to get my friend to jump me with his zuk but it took 30 mins to get it going

I have roll started it before so i'm wondering whats up

------------------
475,800 and rising
I am the black cloud of somke that flies by at 3500rpm!
(Please note diesel smoke is dangerous so lay off the throttle!)
Pulls like a draft horse, hauls like a pack mule.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Maybe with the km's getting up there the compression is starting to fall.
And the mix isn't getting the temp it needs, so it's getting more finicky to start.
Just a guess.

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs, 1 inch body lift, 35's, detroit EZ locker, power steering, disc brakes, SM420, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, dual batteries....you get the idea.

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
I found on my high mileage VW diesel that it needs to be a fairly steep hill, just sort of rolling isn't enough.

·
Registered
389 Posts
well first off i would try doin a compresion test
is it always hard to start?do yougo through oil?hope you have never used either,
if you use a car compresion gage forget it
it only goes to 300,and should peg it off
but you are alowed a maximum of ,i mean a max ! of 74 lbs dif between
it will start but verry hard
but if it turns to the worst time to rebuild,,lordco sells rings for 70 bucks,head gasket i got for 20 bottom end cost me 150 bucks in tottle ,including polish and grind,pistion at lordco each is 20 and your place for sleves on island well they charge for a sleve 68 bucks plus 11 bucks a hole to bore out plus about 40 to put them in
but worth it considering ,and thats your guy.but seein im over onmain land i can do it my self for 140 bucks,the metal in the cylinders is called microhone tubing and works out to be 5.60 per inch.
but do a compresion test,,if works out
and still no start ,check glow plugs,i replace mine every 2 year just cuz,and check the relay it acts up some times.

good luck dude

------------------
"4x4s eat MORE BUSH!!!"

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Compression and oil pressure are a-ok and i have no problems starting it, this only occured when the battery was dead, doesn't burn oil

I did my glow plugs last year but maybe i'll check them out.

Hey bravenight did you get that motor with the one bad cyl? was it ok to bore or did it need to be sleeved? Going by your post sounds like the pistons were ok

My truck starts with no problems under normal circumstances, it was just when the batteries were dead. Also i started to add a bit of Mobil Duron synthetic when i change my oil and no signs of consumption yet

------------------
475,800 and rising
I am the black cloud of somke that flies by at 3500rpm!
(Please note diesel smoke is dangerous so lay off the throttle!)
Pulls like a draft horse, hauls like a pack mule.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts