BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what it's called but it is on a cross member of the frame and has a hole through the middle where the driveshaft goes through. Mine seems to be screwed. THe rubber is almost gone and is in some areas. WHat is this part called, are they expensive, what exactly does it do, is it easyto fix or is it a beeatch??

Ryan

Oh yha and I founf a rot hole on the exact same crossmember (sheeat!)

·
Registered
802 Posts
I don't remember what truck you've got... if it's a long box or an X-cab, 84-85 style, you can replace the entire two-piece driveshaft and steady-bearing with a one-piece driveshaft from a 1988 X-cab. Bolts right in, and no more steady-bearing to wear out. Better shaft angle too. A used shaft in good shape should cost about the same or less than a new steady-bearing.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya.................. I've got a 85 ext-cab sr-5. I'm a broke ass student for the next 9mths so can I still drive it this way??? Will it do any damage to the truck????

Ryan

·
Registered
169 Posts
i just put a single piece drive shaft on my 85 and it was off a 4runner and it was only 1/4 the price

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.