BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the RE 1801 kit for my SYE on the YJ. But cannot for the life of me find a driveshaft that will fit the flange. So what are you guys doing to get around this.

I have found drive shafts with the same bolt pattern but will not fit over the spool. I wanted to find a shaft that all I had to do was shorten and balance but that is getting to be very difficult.. So need as much input as possible on this one.

I want to get this SOA out of the way, but need this driveshaft..

Jason

------------------
92yj d44 front& rear.4.09
33 geolanders
mazda 626 seats
2.5 susp lift 3" body
Ramsey pro+ 8000
SOA coming in Jan bye bye body lift hello 8" suspension lift

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by jason-ramsey:
I have found drive shafts with the same bolt pattern but will not fit over the spool.
How close is the fit? Can you take care of it with some lathe work?

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I could but there would be nothing left. I talked to Craig out at jeep thrills he said thet he called a guy and he used a bronco II shaft. He was not sure if it was a front or a back. But he did say that he thought it might be front, thinking the rear does not have a cv joint. I have no idea what a Bronco II shft looks like. Any insight..

Jason

------------------
33 geolanders
mazda 626 seats
2.5 susp lift 3" body
Ramsey pro+ 8000

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
call me. i know where there is a stack of them
......finders fee!!!!!! j/j
908-4832
andrew

------------------
'93 sahara ~ SOA w/ tuff country springs, np435, twin sticked d20, d44, 9", detroit, hi steer...and a autometer/CJ dash!!!

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by jason-ramsey:
I wish I could but there would be nothing left. I talked to Craig out at jeep thrills he said thet he called a guy and he used a bronco II shaft. He was not sure if it was a front or a back. But he did say that he thought it might be front, thinking the rear does not have a cv joint. I have no idea what a Bronco II shft looks like. Any insight..
Try Wosney's (spelling error, probably) or Engine Finders. I believe Chris Waterman got one from a Ford car of some make.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
ya at ceegees they have a stash of cv heads in the back. i think i paid 25 bucks for my cv flange when i got it last year. i am going there on friday if you want to come...

------------------
'93 sahara ~ SOA w/ tuff country springs, np435, twin sticked d20, d44, 9", detroit, hi steer...and a autometer/CJ dash!!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Monte Carlo driveshafts have that flange.

You can replace the top of a regular CV joint with the Monte Carlo flange. Might as well install new joints and a new CV centering kit since you'll have it all apart anyway...

Chris

------------------
See my Jeep's website:
www.bc4x4.com/chrisw

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ooops Sorry

------------------
33 geolanders
mazda 626 seats
2.5 susp lift 3" body
Ramsey pro+ 8000

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
jason i called you today but you weren't home. i picked up the flange for you from ceegees...you can pick it up from me anytime. (i paid 30 bucks for the entire cv head)

------------------

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats awesome I will get over there asap to get probably wend if that is kewl.. Give me a call.. I will be in and out most the day so try your luck... Thanks man

------------------
33 geolanders
mazda 626 seats
2.5 susp lift 3" body
Ramsey pro+ 8000

1 - 13 of 13 Posts