BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, my 89 suburban is starting to show its age, I have some minor surface rust on one Rocker and some more serious on the other. Also the rear support accross the back of the truck (Umm... under the rear cargo area) is almost toasted completey and ONE inner fender well is showing some grief and starting to leak water into the truck. Other than that the body is apparently pretty good. Can anyone recommend a GREAT body shop or body man who could handle this on a reasonable budget and be willing to work in a couple of ICBC claims as well? (I have a couple small bodywork claims still outstanding that we can use to "help" the cost. I would prefer someone that will REPLACE the busted sh*t not bondo it. Thanks for any advice!

------------------
1989 SUBURBAN 4x4 5.7L 4" Lift - BFG's

·
Registered
708 Posts
haha u dont need bodyman, get out your Mig welder, sander, get out some bondo, and some sheet metal, o yeah and a grinder. The rest explains itself

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey did I see your rig at Willobrook Mall the other day in Langley, if so your truck looks nice. I just bought both inner fenders brand new for about $70.00 ea and then just bolt them in and spray them with rock guard. You should fix them fast because it causes more rust headaches with all the stuff that gets trapped behind them. I think the cross brace your talking about is the same thing that is rusting on my pick up and I'll tell you what I find out price wise. Rockers are more involved and require cutting and welding and all that to do it properly, luckily mine are good so I can't help you there. I imagine you can get them cheap but I reckon it's a bit of work to get them in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, my wife shops at willowbrook mall TOO Often so yes you probably saw it there.

Cool thanks for the help, rockers are cheap actually but yes I imagine the labour is large... Where'd you find the inner fenders??? Thanks.

------------------
1989 SUBURBAN 4x4 5.7L 4" Lift - BFG's
1988 Toyota 4Runner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts