BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I want Ryeguy to proof it but here's the article: http://www.bc4x4.com/fv/2002/hulk/

Remember, buy the current Fourwheeler and vote for #7!!!!!!! Let's send a local 'wheeler to the TTC so he can kick beaucoup ass!!

Go Ryeguy, go Ryeguy, go Ryeguy, go Ryeguy.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by desteurm:
Great article Larry, who says money can't buy happiness!!!
Certainly not me! ;-)

BTW, if you know Rob at all, you'd know that he did built Hulk for a lot less than you think. He spent a lot of time looking for good deals and also a tremendous number of hours doing the work himself.

I'm cheap but Ryeguy's even cheaper BUT more productive.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
145 Posts
just put my vote in the mail today, as did all the guys in my club. lets get him in. go ryeguy go.

steve

------------------
westcoast rockhuggers offroad club

·
Registered
382 Posts
any other favorites I should vote for?

don't forget about wolf359 that is one sweet cruiser/tube frame.
Tim from calgary

------------------
This 4x4 thing is starting to take away from my beer fund.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I filled the first two spaces with the Hulk and Wolf359. I think both of them have a pretty good chance at it. Hope you guys make it in!

------------------
Coquitlam Crawlers
------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon BROKEN :(
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
360 V8, TF-727, NP-205, D44 front, chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker
http://members.shaw.ca/jaretthumphrey

·
1,269 Posts
I'm voting like such:

1 - #7, of course.
2 - #13, of course.
3 - #18, because I want to see if the really will fly that thing from Australia!

4 - #21, as much as I hate Chevy's, that is one nice looking truck. Hula girl on dash to boot.
5 - #22, the dude's from Abbotsford!

6 - #26, whoever built that is well beyond sanity.
7 - #28, I want to see the big shiny Toyota get all nice and smucked up.

8 - #32, hey now THAT'S classy. Underdog award.
9 - #63, smallest tire award. That takes some balls man.
10 - #67, once again, want to see if they'll actually make the trip. That's one LONG trip man.

I really doubt that most of the trucks I vote for (with the exception of 1 and 2 of course) will get in, but I'm voting for them anyways.

Trucks that I am definetly NOT voting for:

#16 - That roll bar is just sooooo tacky!
#23 - The first time I looked at it I thought I was looking at the rear end.
#31 - Trucks should be built, not bought.
#33,39 - As sweet as they are, they're still Jeeps.

------------------
"You bobbed it how many inches? NINETEEN?!?! Oh my..."

·
Registered
354 Posts
I saw the pic of that Blazer over that median, and I just about lost it. Sooooooooo cool!!! I thought it was cool flexing out on one that size, never though I could drive over it! 1 sweet rig.

------------------
Jeeps are not for girls.
They are for BITCHES.

Mean 1980 FJ40 Cruiser

·
Registered
574 Posts
Originally posted by Ryan Harmon:
I saw the pic of that Blazer over that median, and I just about lost it. Sooooooooo cool!!! I thought it was cool flexing out on one that size, never though I could drive over it! 1 sweet rig.

I gave Rye guy my vote not only because hes a local but the engineering of his truck is right up there. At least 3/4 of the trucks are running a D60 front and a 14 bolt rear. I like to see a little bit of creativity once in a while. It was the first time ive ever hacked up one of my 4x mags too!!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Here are my picks;

#7- of course
#12- I like
#13- without a doubt
#28- like that toy
#31-
#39-
#54- I like this truck
#67- the frog- just beacuse- sounds cool- he;s already got the big block in it and that's a hell of a trek

Now- as for who'll take it it- sorry but I am biased
- wolf

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.whiteknight.ca/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.whiteknight.ca
</A>

·
Registered
102 Posts
Originally posted by white knight:

#13- without a doubt

Now- as for who'll take it it- sorry but I am biased
- wolf

Shoulda known those damn Albertans would be stickin' together.

just kiddin

I voted
#7 , #13 , #22 , #26 , #31 , #33 , #39 , #54 , #63 and #67

and just so theres no confusion on why White Knight isn't going, White night is not allowed to enter the USA due to the Fammed " Running over of the cop car" incident in toledo ohio durring the TTC of 82'. Plus those crazy owners are grounded for sneaking out to a party past their bed times. And they both have school the next day
or something like that.

Jason

as per usual not to be taken as gospel

------------------
IF GOD NEVER CHASED MAN OUTTA THE GARDEN OF EDEN THE GREENIES WOULD HAVE
[email protected]

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Well I'm almost done. Can't decide on the rest. I have specific rules about what vehicles I vote for.
Tube framed rock buggies dont make my list, sorry. I just can't make myself vote for something that cant possibly be driven on the highway for any reasonable amount of time. Lack of windshield wipers, or windshields for that matter, lack of tire coverage would get me a ticket in no time flat, I'm betting theres no defrost system in half those purpose built machines.
To get my vote its gotta look like a truck, or SUV, and only if I feel that it could be made to pass a motor vehicle inspection. Missing front fenders and hacked up multi color cabs arent something I want to see win the TTC.

Not that my vote will really make a dent but
I'll put it in the mail as soon as I find a few more to vote for.

1. Robs Blazer of course

2. #12, cause it looks cool, sure he hasnt got mudflaps, but he's got four corner coils and could you imagine climbing over those door bars?
3. #13. Big block and dual t-cases in a short wheelbase, oh yeah!
4. #18, Its a Nissan!!!!! And its something we dont get to see often!
5. #32. Harcore Trackers seem to be a purely Canadian thing, I like it.
6. #22. I see him around once in a while. His names Forde and he drives a Bronco.
7. #21. His name is Ford and he drives a Chevy. 42 inch swampers, cool, and he's the only fullsize chevy not running a big block and boggers.
8. #34. Thats the coolest grille Chevrolet ever made. And he's got a neat soft top.

Thats all I got. I wanted to vote for #72, the big block Jeep Cherokee, but sorry, its got not even an attempt at fender flares, could've at least left the stock ones on. Should really vote for #45, the other cherokee, just to see the axles go kablooee. Maybe the Datsun.
I'll decide tomorrow which of the others make the last two on my list.

------------------
Dan
Herd of Turtles Four Wheel Drive Society

[This message has been edited by Dan (edited March 09, 2002).]

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.