BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since some of the posts are gone can someone post the s.a.s parts list again?thanks norm

·
Registered
108 Posts
I dont feel like writing out the whole list:D but try pirate4x4(search)and some of there links.They'll have everything on there.
Brett

·
1,269 Posts
Off the top of my head you're going to need:

- An axle.
- Leafs, Ubolts, drop hanger.
- Hysteer.
- Shackles, a jig for where to sleeve the frame for the shackles.
- A longer front driveshaft.
- Longer shocks, F350 shock towers.
- Longer brake lines.

That's pretty much the bargain basement deal if your axle is in good condition. The little stuff like nuts and bolts adds up after a while too. I know I'm forgetting some stuff? You're probably going to want to upgrade the brakes to FJ40 rotors with IFS calipers too.

·
Chump
624 Posts
There goes crazy Pete again talking about his phantom SAS project. :D

( I need to build the post count somehow)

·
1,269 Posts
I wish I could have a clever retort with pictures right now but I got drunk and now it's 11pm and there's nowhere to get the pictures developed. :mad:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Big Bad Pete said:
Off the top of my head you're going to need:

- An axle.
- Leafs, Ubolts, drop hanger.
- Hysteer.
- Shackles, a jig for where to sleeve the frame for the shackles.
- A longer front driveshaft.
- Longer shocks, F350 shock towers.
- Longer brake lines.

That's pretty much the bargain basement deal if your axle is in good condition. The little stuff like nuts and bolts adds up after a while too. I know I'm forgetting some stuff? You're probably going to want to upgrade the brakes to FJ40 rotors with IFS calipers too.
Pete, you forgot to add the list:
-1.5 years to do the swap :)

·
1,269 Posts
SHUTUP ALL OF YOU SHUTUP fdksafhkjdhsafkjdsafhkjdshafdksa :rolleyes:

Well, with the recent theft of our welder immediately before the weekend before we were going to do most of the work (no seriously, we were) it's going to be a little bit now. It is together enough to roll out of the shop onto a trailer though. :D

It still needs a whole bunch of stuff like new rear crossmember, buggy leafs installed, pittman arm pulled (a p.i.t.a.) and new one hooked up, gas tank re-installed higher (with braced skid), driveshaft re-tubed and lengthend, longer wheel studs, front locker and longfields installed, shorter front shackles (8" eye to eye is just a wee bit too big) etc etc... Oh yeah did I mention we still need to plate my frame over the rust? :(

We're finishing up the bob job tommorow morning, all the box will need after that is a dab of bondo and some flat black rattle can.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Pete I think you should hurry up and get your truck going. I think I got to go wheeling with you once last year and that's it.
HURRY UP!!!

·
1,269 Posts
Well we finished up most of the bob job today, but we're getting off topic here.

Sorry to hijack your thread nfc! :D

Back on topic, can anyone think of any other parts you're going to need for a SAS?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts