BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i were to purchase some S10 leafs and do 3/4e setup, how much lift would that give me. And would i flex well.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Are you really set on getting s10 springs? Everything I've seen so far would suggest that 88 to 98 1/2 ton chevy rears or grand wagoneer springs are the ones you want for a rear setup.

The chevy's seem to give about 3" or 4" of lift and flex very well, they are a 3 leaf spring and are 63" in length. These spring are wider than the stock toy springs at 2.5" so new perches and shackles will be needed.

The waggy spring give about 3" to 4" of lift, flex very nicely, and are a little shorter then the chevies at 57" I think. These are either a 5 or a 7 leaf pack with the preference being the 7 leaf variaty, as the 5's are too soft. 350toy runs these on all four corners and his rig is looking sweet.

Both of these choices should be easy to find in a wrecking yard, the chevy would be easier to locate I think, and prices I've seen are around $100 to $200. I haven't looked for a set yet myself so they could be more.

As for a 3/4e setup the main leaf from a stock toy rear pack has been used by lots of people and seems to work very well. There are some on this board that are running this I think, a search should turn up some good answers.

Here are some links for you...

Chevy swap
Toy main 3/4e
Waggy info
More waggy info
BBP's waggy setup

I know it's a lot of info and none of it is on the s10 springs but this is what works really well and seems to be the hot setup. I think that the s10 swap is now sort of like the mazda swap and is kind of old school, I could be wrong here but this is my opinion. I plan on doing a front waggy with either rear chevy or waggy setup sometime around dec or jan and have been playing with the idea of a pinned 3/4e rear. Just remember that for every inch of shackle and hanger lift you add you will get a half inch of suspension lift.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
139 Posts
i think chevy 1/2 ton springs are over rated and to long, i run the 5 leaf waggy pack in the rear and thats probaly to long never mind another 6", and as for s10 swap being old school, i think we're building trucks not having a fashion show:p

lets see some pics from jordan, i think he's running this setup

·
Registered
136 Posts
I run S10 springs in the rear, they flex better then my stock toyota's with Buggy springs.. Droop is good, i personally dont like the 63" chevs.. lots of spring equals lots of wheel hop, and more spring to hit on rocks...... you will be happy with the S10 springs.. i am...

·
Registered
325 Posts
the only thing you will have to worry about really with the s-10 buggy setup would be axle wrap, but that can be curred with a trac, don't coform to what everyone is doing, think outside the box. I think s-10 springs will only yield about 2" lift if that though

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Has anyone ever seen or tried the leafs out of an Eagle 4wd?
do they even have leafs

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Scince were talking about different spring set ups... Has any one heard about using isuzu pickup springs? I remember reading something about them over a year ago but I can't find it anymore. All I remember was that it was a mix of stock toys and the isuzus. Just wondering if any one has heard of this. I'd like to find out more about it.

Peter

1 - 13 of 13 Posts