BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok I've got a problem with my rear leafs in my bronco II sagging, there almost flat now and they S over bumbs instead of springing, I need to know the best/easiest/semi cheapest way to correct this, would it be better to get an add-a-leaf thrown in at a spring shop or would it just be better to replace all the leafs, can I do either of these jobs myself or is it a good idea to get a spring shop to do it for me, and ofcourse I'm wondering how much it would be to do this, thanks in advance

·
Registered
175 Posts
leaf spring build up

Try this...Worked for me.
buy rear leaf from ranger.$65 ea. remove both the main and second spring from your bronco II orig spring pack and dont use these again. . replace your main spring with the ranger main and inter-mingle the remains from the bronco II pack and the complete ranger pack together.
Result: No more saggy butt and still have the flex.

Note: if your bronco II main shows no sign of wear(thinning where the second leaf ends or has a kink) then you can take a chance and keep the orig. main. This will save you most of the grief and a good part of the hardened bolts expense. Going to a spring shop for a custom addaleaf installed will be about 300.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Wackston said:
ok I've got a problem with my rear leafs in my bronco II sagging, there almost flat now and they S over bumbs instead of springing, I need to know the best/easiest/semi cheapest way to correct this, would it be better to get an add-a-leaf thrown in at a spring shop or would it just be better to replace all the leafs, can I do either of these jobs myself or is it a good idea to get a spring shop to do it for me, and ofcourse I'm wondering how much it would be to do this, thanks in advance
See what I did, was took my Ranger with saggy and broken leafs down to North Shore Off Road, and get them to install a new leaf, plus an add-a-leaf. I don't remember the exact price, but its worth it. new leafs, back end is higher than it used to be, and a much better ride.:D :D :D

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so I can replace my leafs plus and add a leaf for the best results but I'm guessing this won't be all that cheap so I think I'll just use some old ranger leafs to pack mine back up just for a temp fix until I can afford new leafs all together

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts