BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently doing a sidekick 1.6L swap, for the install I am doing a body lift. Question I have is do the body studs come out??

Because of the body lift the studs on the body is not long enought, how do I remove/replace the stud with longer ones.

·
Registered
87 Posts
A real body lift uses the stock bolts. They bolt to the body lift tube thing, and then another bolt bolts the body lift to the frame. I just took one out.:D

If you want to replace the studs, you have to cut holes in the floor to get to a few of them. My studs all spun because the stock welds that hold them broke. What a PITA.:D

·
Registered
119 Posts
what kind of body lift are you using? i made my own from 2" square tubing. i just cut my studs down and bolted the tubing to both the frame and body. 2" is the most i would recomend. do a good job in case you get a VI ticket.

·
Registered
412 Posts
what they said:D

i weighed the options when doing my lift, and decided i was too cowardly and incompetent to hack the welded in studs out of the body.

2" square steel tubing with holes drilled top and bottom worked just fine for me. i also had to cut a little bit off the studs length so that there was enough room for both the bolt and the nut to fit inside the 2"

did it close to 10 years ago now, and have never had any trouble because of it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
lane smith said:
what they said:D

i weighed the options when doing my lift, and decided i was too cowardly and incompetent to hack the welded in studs out of the body.

2" square steel tubing with holes drilled top and bottom worked just fine for me. i also had to cut a little bit off the studs length so that there was enough room for both the bolt and the nut to fit inside the 2"

did it close to 10 years ago now, and have never had any trouble because of it.
Same here, but what if we ever get popped at a V.I. do you think square tube will pass? If not, I don't get it 'cause I've seen the 'kits' at NSOR and the only difference is for the two front and rear mounts they use those a-b-s, or fiberglass re-inforced, black plastic round cylinders. the other mounts in the kit are glorified square tube an assortment of bolts and nylocks so ... I wonder what's the 'rule' on body lifts legality

1 - 5 of 5 Posts