BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know about the spoa but I'm looking to cheap out until the summer. Just so I can get by with out spending much for the time being.
I thought maybe some lifted leafs in the back and rear leafs in the front, but I don't know I'm new to sami's.

------------------
It's only mud, just give it!

[This message has been edited by stuck'n'mud (edited October 26, 2001).]

·
Registered
185 Posts
it all depends on how cheap you want...
some people go with longer shackles and are running 29's or 30's
or you could spend like the 650 bucks and get a spring over axel lift

------------------
Stock 1985 Suzuki Samurai

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally posted by stuck'n'mud:
I was wondering what I would be able to do to lift my sami to clear 29-30" rubber cheaply for time being.
I plan to lift it to clear 35's with toy axles and 22r in future, but not for a while.

I'm still a newbie to sammis myself, but mine and my bosses have 235-75-15's which I thought was 29" with only slight mods to the front bumper (sawzall rules) to allow for turning.

------------------
Bushboy

·
Registered
14 Posts
drive it stock for now and save for a spoa. how much wheeling are you going to do this winter ? Why do a bunch of mods to your rig that you are planning to change in 6 months.
Just my opinion, good luck in whatever you decide to do.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Make up some longer shackles then you can run larger tires. I know of so guys on th island and thats is all they did.

------------------
92 zuk 32x10.50 BFG
5:13s rocklights....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by stuck'n'mud:
I know about the spoa but I'm looking to cheap out until the summer. Just so I can get by with out spending much for the time being.
I thought maybe some lifted leafs in the back and rear leafs in the front, but I don't know I'm new to sami's.

If what you want is a spoa, then just do it, you don't have to do it all at once. just get some spring pads and weld on, and lower the brake lines. that is about as cheap as you can get. when you get more money, you can add driveshaft spacers, steering mod, longer brake lines, then longer shockes.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have some spring perches and drive shaft spacers that I'll sell for cheap. Its all brand new. The perches should give you about 4.5-5 inches of lift. Make me an offer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those spring perches, how exactly do they work and how (roughly) do you install them.

------------------
It's only mud, just give it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
T-Mack: I'll give ya $50 bucks for the works.

------------------
*FOR SALE* 1985 Toyota p\u extcab-SR5-22re-3"bodylift,4.5"susp. 33"BFG MT,locked rear, rocksliders, buggyleafs,bobbed box.604-826-0865

1 - 9 of 9 Posts