BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was wondering if i should buy a pre-fuel injection samurai or one with fuel injection when i buy one, doesnt it stall out on hill climbs or something if you have fuel injected, i'm probably wrong but i am just wondering

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey I have a 92 suk with F.I runs great
dosent stall out at all. olny thing is that its is all ccomputerised but it still runs great

·
Registered
199 Posts
Im with tim on this one, i have a 91 fuel injected and i love it, the other guys we ride with are carbed and often have trouble stalling out etc on inclines or bumpy stuff duel to the lack of fuel in the carb
my 2 cents

Rhys

------------------
1991 Samurai
SPOA, Rocklobster, Warn 8274 winch

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yo, yo...

I have a carburated 86 and she used to have probs until I finally took the entire carb apart, made my own gaskets and put it all back together... Now she runs sweet. No problems, stalling, nothing,... even when sustaining huge ups and downs. Personally, I've seen my friends with FI stall constantly, but that just may be their driving =)

The best thing about the carb is that I can tweak it numerous ways...

I didn't really want FI because I can't work on it myself, and don't posses the necessary equipment to tune it.

So yes a carb is bad if you don't know how to adjust it, but FI is the no-hassles, non-mechanic way of the engine world. Just my two cents.

------------------
---------------------
The Yellow SuperFly...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hey Leadfoot, ease up on Tim, he's still learning how to drive that thing of his.
hahah

------------------
1991 Samurai
SPOA, Rocklobster, Warn 8274 winch

·
Registered
261 Posts
im injected, and love it!!!!!!
It idles for me now. WoooooooHooooo

------------------
Coils goin under!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.