BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buyin a Samurai, just wondering if anyone had any pics of there rigs with stereos (sub enclosures, etc.). I am gonna run 2 12" Alpine R-series subs with a 1000 watt kenwood, alpine 6x9's, alpine tweets and rockford 4"'s, will I be able to run this with stock alternator and with the back seat still in? Anthony

------------------
jHEEPs kill, drive Yota

·
Registered
45 Posts
I ran two 12" alpine s-series and a v-12 amp under the seat. I bought the smallest box they made for twelves at a&b sound. Put the subs facing the seats right behind. Sorry, dont' have any pics. It worked with the stock swift GTi alternator.. sorry though.. not pics

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come on guys, only one guy running a sami with a stereo, they seem like they would be a great platform, with the back seat out it would seem like a perfect setup

------------------
Yota Anyone?

·
Registered
185 Posts
well right now, i only have a cheap stereo, but as soon as i get the money im putting a dual sub box, with 2 10's... and i have a set of 6x9s...
the sub box i found should fit, and they're sellin them at future shop for like 100 bucks

------------------
Stock 1985 Suzuki Samurai

·
Registered
199 Posts
Originally posted by Gullygossner:
Come on guys, only one guy running a sami with a stereo, they seem like they would be a great platform, with the back seat out it would seem like a perfect setup

Sorry man, no room left inside after all the tools and recovery equipment is loaded in there, if i have a choice of sounding really cool or getting my or someone elses ass out of a bad situation
i'll choose the tools

Rhys

------------------
1991 Samurai
SPOA, Rocklobster, Warn 8274 winch

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree, that's why when I go wheeling I take my subs out, it only takes a matter of minutes.

------------------
Yota Anyone?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Rhys, what are you goona do with tools!?!?!?lol

------------------
Farewell and Adieu, to you fair Spanish ladies...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Originally posted by CRS:
Rhys, what are you goona do with tools!?!?!?lol

hahah nothing, just carry them around so it looks like i can fix stuff

------------------
1991 Samurai

·
Registered
107 Posts
Too bad you cant lift the tools into your truck !

Hahaha just kiddin'
Tim

As for the stereo i HAD a fiberglass box that was molded to the back 1/4 pannel of the truck was very cool and didnt wast any space could hold a 10" sub then had the amp under the seat .

·
webwheeling...
1,475 Posts
Rhys only carries the tools so he can look cool lol. Or better yet so I can fix you sh!t. Kidding Rhys! You are learning and let me tell you I'd rather have you and your tools on the trail rather than some of these other guys we've wheeled with.
Hey tman we're working on the rig this weekend if you want to come out. if you are online reply back to this.

------------------
Dave

·
Registered
199 Posts
Originally posted by tman:
Too bad you cant lift the tools into your truck !

Hahaha! too bad you dont have a winch!

I can lift everything for or that goes into my truck!

Rhys

------------------
1991 Samurai

·
webwheeling...
1,475 Posts
Rhys has been drinking milk and now he is BURLY MON! He can even lift a 33 and rim off the groung on a truck on jack stands. He has been training by carrying his winch up three flights of stairs from his garage to the front drive where his truck is. Just to practice just in case he needs to do that sometime
. WE need some better smilies like pirate!

------------------
Dave

·
Registered
229 Posts
The question is do you like you back seat? If you do then build a seal enclosure (wedge style) and bolt it to the rear gate. If you don't care about the seat, go hog wild, go big and ported. Depending on how much power you want to run to your subs, you might want to look into puting in a sidekick alt or building the bracket for the 100amp GM alt. A cap is nice, it won't kill you alternator
I ran 2mtx 10's in a seal box and built it into my rack that held all my recovery geal(no back seat.) If you need idea's let me know, I can help you out!!

------------------
The diffrence between a good and bad driver is how many parts you leave broken on the trail:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts