BC 4x4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 87 zuk (im new to the zuki world but owned a tracker before with some work done) the sammy has a breeze spoa lift and 33" super swampers. I was told it had 5.12 gears posi frt and rear and 1.6 but...it has stock 3.73 gears no rear posi and im wondering about the motor. I took it for a drive basically can only use the first three gears. Not happy :( I may use it a little on the street back and forth to work but no freeway use. I use it for tight and normal trail riding and some mudding nothing crazy. Im going with t-case gears and cradle and rear posi. (didnt want to do r & p if possible) What t-case gears do u suggest? 4.9, 5.14, 6.4 or 6.5. Im staying with at least 33 10.5 tires possibly 34 10.5 im thinking the 5.14 gears but will low range be too low im NOT rock crawling. Im worried the gearing gap between high and low range is too much. It gives a good high range reduction but only a 127% low reduction. And is the 5.14 the same as a double t case setup in double reduction? :help: thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
could be possible somebody only changed out the rear diff? and still has 5:13 in front
is the front 3rd member aluminum?
for what you are doing , 5:13's should be good. if you want more low range, get a 4:1 t case.

i have a 5:13 rear 3rd with a lockrite locker in it for samurai if you want to go that route

1 - 3 of 3 Posts