BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I start really diggin into this I wanted to get some expert advice before hand.
86 Samurai, previous owner rebuilt the carb, perfect idle until today up on a run. Now whenever I take the foot off the gas, it stalls. Any suggestions before I start the mind melt phase.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
98 Posts
Originally posted by islandcrawler:
Before I start really diggin into this I wanted to get some expert advice before hand.
86 Samurai, previous owner rebuilt the carb, perfect idle until today up on a run. Now whenever I take the foot off the gas, it stalls. Any suggestions before I start the mind melt phase.

Thanks in advance
I'm not an expert, but I would check your vacuum lines and PVC valve. If it happened on the run, probably something got torn or cracked, like an old "hardened" rubber tube or something. On my first Sammy ('87) I've replaced all vacuum hoses and PVC right off the bat along with plugs, wires, oil and timing belt
. Only then I could get the idle right.

Hope it helps

------------------
-marker

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sounds like it could be your idle solenoid. On the right side of the carb there should be a solenoid with a single wire coming out of it. Unscrew it and take a look at it to see if it's clogged at all. Use a pin to clean it out if you have to.

Robin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.