BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all you experts out there: for a guy looking to pick up a tiny 4x4 toy, what would you say would be better to set up with both pricewise, longevity and performance?

I used to own an '82 Samurai solid top, and it was crazy fun offroad... stock! But I am thinking that Samurais have been off the market now for what... 10 years? Whereas Sidekicks are newer. What are mod costs? Are they comparable? Am I talking apples and oranges?

------------------
Cheapass Cherokee Boy

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Depends on your comfort level. Sidekicks have a nicer interior and everything...but few 4x4 guys care about that.

If your going all out, and don't want to spend a ton of money, get a Sami.

------------------
Goof
------------------
Hot Wheels Safari Hummer

·
Registered
222 Posts
Aren't we talking about, solid-axle front end Samurai vs an ifs Sidekick? And of course IFS is foofoo for off roading, lol.

G

·
If yer gonna do a lift on it, you may as well get a Sidekick and do a SAS.
They already have the 1.6 which has more than enough power, and the price has been going down on them.
If I took mine it the bush more than I do now, I would do it right away.
It just depends. When we where looking to buy my nephew a Sami, we saw Sidekicks going for way less than alot of the Sami's.
I have no complains about my Sidekick yet, so look around at prices.
If you are going to do an IFS lift on the Sidekick, it's gonna cost big like $2000.00ish, where a Sami spring over is like $600-$700 I've heard.

------------------
'94 Chev 1/2ton 6"ProComp
'89 Sidekick 3" body, 31'S
513's, E-Z Locker

·
Registered
327 Posts
SAS means Solid Axle Swap

------------------
92yj d44 front& rear.4.09
33 geolanders
mazda 626 seats
2.5 susp lift 3" body
Ramsey pro+ 8000
SOA coming in Jan bye bye body lift hello 8" suspension lift

·
Registered
281 Posts
Easier just to get a cheap sami and do a springover and 31's. Will get you basicly anywhere you want to go, and if not the just add a locker or two!

·
Registered
73 Posts
yeah go for sidekick with calmini kit,and then you will glad about it.It is because you can have many trouble to changenlle without end as me.
my conclusion is shock sidekick is good enough for trail in BC.

------------------
Fat Mike
94 Silly sidekick with 3" calmini suspension lift >.<

1 - 8 of 8 Posts