BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a sand beach that I can take my jeep onto?

------------------
Blue 1981 CJ5 33X12.5 tires
*Damnit, anyone see where that door went?"

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by Jeepasaurus:

Stave lake when it's dry.Why do you want drive on sand anyways.

------------------
If you can't stop....
smile as you go under!
99 XJ, 8" Sky-Jacker coils,leaves,yadda, yadda, yadda, 10" total 33"x12.5" MTR's = Divorce (?)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sand is cool, especially when you are ripping along and all of a sudden it turns to crazy deep, super sloppy mud and you get stuck and the tide is coming in.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Originally posted by Flexy Ray:

Stave lake when it's dry.Why do you want drive on sand anyways.

What sand are you talking about at Stave all I have found is that s**** clay that sticks to every thing and does not come off clean.

------------------
77 F250 w/35 BFG MT[gone to a better place :( ]
88 Bronco Eddie Bauer w31 Big O MT's( under construction :) to do some good wheeling)

·
Chump
624 Posts

I took our rental car onto the sand at Daytona Beach, Florida last month.

....and it is legal...everybody does it....it is just a huge parking lot during the day.

JCD

G

·
What about the sand dunes out in Richmond where they dump the river sand that they dredge up?
I don't know how to get there but lots of people dirtbike there. My buddies went there in the past. One section had a security guard, but he didn't care about the bikes at that time. Maybe someone else has more info about it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Have'nt been there a long time how strawberry island

------------------
If you can't stop....
smile as you go under!
99 XJ, 8" Sky-Jacker coils,leaves,yadda, yadda, yadda, 10" total 33"x12.5" MTR's = Divorce (?)

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Unfortunetly the Strawbery Island is closed.
Sorry.

------------------
If you didn't roll it, you havn't tried hard enough! I have...

·
Registered
62 Posts
If the waters down there is a place on the side of the Vedder River.
If you take the first exit after the vedder bridge on the #1(east)then keep going east and take a left after the mill (on left). Follow that road for a minute or two and it will be on the left.
I remember it is not all that easy to see so if you do try to find it keep your eyes peeled on that last road.

------------------
It's only mud, just give it!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Regarding the Richmond sand dunes.

The dirt bikers are there every single day. The dunes are now gated but there is a way around right beside the gate. You must have a decent rig to get around it though. It is a part of an old gate that has been grown over. The shorter your wheelbase the better and you need bigger than 31 inch tires to even have a chance. I saw a guy on 32's bash his fender in real bad and get high centred on it. He didn't have a chance. If you can get over it there is a lot of sand to play with. The owners don't seem to care, it's like they just had to gate it for liability reasons and if someone gets hurt now they can say hey we tried to stop people.

·
Chump
624 Posts
Originally posted by Doug:
Regarding the Richmond sand dunes.

The dirt bikers are there every single day. The dunes are now gated but there is a way around right beside the gate. You must have a decent rig to get around it though. It is a part of an old gate that has been grown over. The shorter your wheelbase the better and you need bigger than 31 inch tires to even have a chance. I saw a guy on 32's bash his fender in real bad and get high centred on it. He didn't have a chance. If you can get over it there is a lot of sand to play with. The owners don't seem to care, it's like they just had to gate it for liability reasons and if someone gets hurt now they can say hey we tried to stop people.
If you go to the recycling yard in the sand dunes you can get to it from a different road by the concrete plant..I have seen lots of non-wheeler vehicles in there that did not go around gates but came in on the regular road. There is now a brand new road right through the middle of the sand pit area...it looks like they will be building on it in the near future, hopefully not. I have never had my truck in there or been with anybody in a truck in there.

JCD

[This message has been edited by Jordan (edited February 22, 2002).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts