BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have heard of using jeep wagoneer dana 44's i believe and a few other options of axles to use. what are some other suggestions? should i end up with coil springs in front which is also what i have in back or leafs? also i know i have to grab the driveshaft from the donor truck but does that mean a new tranny is in order? info is appreciated :welder

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that could work well to, hey how long approx. did it take you from start to being driveable again? i am in an auto mechanic course this year so i will learn as i go along, have moderate mechanic skills. (if there is such thing :p ) so you used bronco axles then?

·
Registered
98 Posts
from drive in to drive out about 35 hrs...this includes diff assembly and completely cutting and grinding off the ifs

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
really???:) wow a lot shorter then i thought... mind you murphys law is what i live by so i would give it about a month to complete :******* broncos are coil sprung in the front right? what would you expect me to pay for a junkyard assembly? i have quotes all over the board and am wondering who is right. i want everything i need for the front end assembly. Hey you wouldnt mind doing just 1 more sas would ya??? :D thanks for your help

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm in the middle of this very thing. I have put alot of time into reseaching different options. The best I could come up with was Jeep wagoneer newer than '87 to get both axles as d44s. I owned the rolling chassis of a pathfinder with '76 bronco axles and I didn't like the steering angle. The bronco axles have fewer splines (sigificant ?) and to do a high steer conversion would have required weaker parts. E- mail me and we can chat.
If TAC can do the front conversion in under 40 hrs hire him - that's damn good.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I do race car fab. for a living. As far as bronco parts some ch.moly axles and re taper the knuckles for hi steering linkage. ...but this can pose a problem depending on ride height/ susp. travel...when I did the 95 pathfinder I used early bronco axle, coils and radius arms, I put on chevy disc brakes to match the nissan bolt pattern.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts