BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats a good price to pick up a solid front axel out of an 84 or 85 toy pickup with everything including leaf springs but it has no hub, brakes or anything on the ends? and what else do i have to get to do a SAS cause when i get it put on i'm going to get a 6 inch lift at the same time?

·
Registered
363 Posts
There was a guy selling them for 200 bucks I think a little while ago. I think callan in winfield actually one for sale a little while ago too...

When are you planning on doing it? Mind if come hang out while you are and help out, I'm .... thinking... of doing the same on mine eventuallyl

------------------
88 4runner, 22RE with some minor stuff done to it

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
when are you doing it ? I have 2 one with springs , and one with out ... both complete with hubs rotors calipers 3rds..both are from /84s . Thing is I wont have them here in Kelowna till summer . There still at my shop in PG .

------------------
is that u up there :)
http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/flats/1738

·
Registered
389 Posts
if you are still interested in buying a ifs lift i can get you one for 1200 bucks installed email me and let me know

Originally posted by HORS 4x4:
whats a good price to pick up a solid front axel out of an 84 or 85 toy pickup with everything including leaf springs but it has no hub, brakes or anything on the ends? and what else do i have to get to do a SAS cause when i get it put on i'm going to get a 6 inch lift at the same time?
------------------
"4x4s eat MORE BUSH!!!"

[This message has been edited by bravenight (edited March 22, 2002).]

·
Registered
416 Posts
I just sold mine yesterday for $200.

Rusty85 it is a 83. I'm quite sure it was an 85 since it was guessed all the way but I could be wrong.

------------------
"Born and Bred To Rip and Shred"

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Again I ask , what does SAS stand for?
Straight axle suspension?
Solid axle ???????
Just curious.

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs, 1 inch body lift, 35's, detroit EZ locker, power steering, disc brakes, SM420, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, dual batteries....you get the idea.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Originally posted by dp:
Again I ask , what does SAS stand for?
Straight axle suspension?
Solid axle ???????
Just curious.

Solid Axle Swap...

------------------
'85 Toy... the project begins
http://redsand4x4.cjb.net

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Ah Ha!!
I think the reason I've been confused about this is because I read someone wanted to buy an SAS for his truck. He was talking about labour and I thought he meant parts.

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs, 1 inch body lift, 35's, detroit EZ locker, power steering, disc brakes, SM420, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, dual batteries....you get the idea.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks i got one for 100 but all i need is brake parts and hubs or could i use the stuff off my IFS crap cause it still all good and when i get it put on i'm going to get a 6 inch lift at the same time and run tires 35 or 38 what gears should i get?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have one for sale....$325 obo USD with a tru-trac in it, new bearings, warn premium hubs. I'm in Yakima WA.

------------------
Friends help you move...Real friends help you move a body.

·
Registered
416 Posts
For gears I am running 5.29s and am planning on running 38s.I would go with 5.29s to get the lower gear ratio unless you want to get an 4:1 Atlas case.

------------------
"Born and Bred To Rip and Shred"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.