BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know which 4 or 5 spd transmissions will bolt up to my 1980 Scout with a 304?? An input appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by scoutgreg:
Does anybody know which 4 or 5 spd transmissions will bolt up to my 1980 Scout with a 304?? An input appreciated! Thanks!
The only transmission I am aware of that will bolt up to the IH Bell Housing is the 4 speed T18 or T19. The T18 ia an older pre-73 or 74 non synchro version. The T19 comes in two versions. The most desirable version has the wide ratio 6:1 first gear and the other version has standard ratio first gear(which I think is 4:1).

I did a swap in my 76 Scout from automatic to 4 speed and while it is not hard mechanically it can be a bit of a process finding all the right parts. Check out binderbulletin.org for sale section. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! If you wouldn't mind I'd really like some details from your swap, like what did the T18 or 19 you have come out of? where did you find it? What else would be a suitable donor vehicle? What else was hard to find? ie. flywheel, etc. Please if you get a minute post here or email me, it would be greatly appreciated! I can't stand this friggin' auto!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Originally posted by scoutgreg:
Thanks! If you wouldn't mind I'd really like some details from your swap, like what did the T18 or 19 you have come out of? where did you find it? What else would be a suitable donor vehicle? What else was hard to find? ie. flywheel, etc. Please if you get a minute post here or email me, it would be greatly appreciated! I can't stand this friggin' auto!
try standard truck parts on 104 just off scott rd he has a few scouts .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts