BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how hard is it to set up a 3rd member? i need to replace my R+P in my 9". can anyone give me a hand with this. i have never done gears before and i would give some $ for labour if need be. thanks

------------------
'93 sahara ~ SOA, shackle reversal, buggy springs all around, CV D-shaft, 35" BFGs, EB 9" rear, EB Dana 44 front, Warn XD9000i, 8 PIAAs, wet okole interior and several battle wounds from mother nature.

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you buy the whole 3rd member its a very easy install . slide both axles out , undo all the 3rd member housing bolts, take the whole thing out and reverse the steps.Have to make sure its got the same gears as the front!

------------------
One word and u know its the best.....(SAMURAI)!

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by KEV:
If you buy the whole 3rd member its a very easy install http://www.bc4x4.com/ubb/smilies/cwm29.gif
ya i know but i am having a little trouble finding a 3rd member with 4.11 gears, all the ones are 3.73

------------------
'93 sahara ~ SOA, 2.5" ranchos, shackle reversal, buggy springs all around, CV D-shaft, 35" BFGs, EB 9" rear, EB Dana 44 front, Warn XD9000i, 8 PIAAs, wet okole interior and several battle wounds from mother nature.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Originally posted by cornjeeper:
how hard is it to set up a 3rd member? i need to replace my R+P in my 9". can anyone give me a hand with this. i have never done gears before and i would give some $ for labour if need be. thanks

White Rock is only about an hour North. Come on down any weeknight with a case of Molson's (UNOPENED,leave in the gift) and I'll do it.

------------------
FearMe is only for fun, my real name is Roger and I'm a professional Cheese Taster with the ability to satisfy many fine women at the same time----"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest..yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum"

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by FearMe:
White Rock is only about an hour North. Come on down any weeknight with a case of Molson's (UNOPENED,leave in the gift) and I'll do it.

this might be obvious to some but not to me ~ what do you mean by leave in the gift. i'll let you know

------------------
'93 sahara ~ SOA, 2.5" ranchos, shackle reversal, buggy springs all around, CV D-shaft, 35" BFGs, EB 9" rear, EB Dana 44 front, Warn XD9000i, 8 PIAAs, wet okole interior and several battle wounds from mother nature.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Originally posted by cornjeeper:
this might be obvious to some but not to me ~ what do you mean by leave in the gift. i'll let you know

Here I am trying to show my knowledge of good Canadian beer....Geez you make me look like some kind of smuggler or something and all I want to do is score a decent brew and a pair of gloves.

------------------
FearMe is only for fun, my real name is Roger and I'm a professional Cheese Taster with the ability to satisfy many fine women at the same time----"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest..yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts