BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of getting new shocks and was wondering if anyone know the part #'s for Rancho 9000's for a jeep with 4" of lift. I spoke to Lordco today and the couldn't find that combination listed, only for upto 2.5".

Any other brand of shock that is decent, but not quite so expensive? I have ProComp ES 3000's on now, and they suck. They haven't even been on for 2 years yet and they are already shot.

Thanks.

------------------
Leanne
'95 YJ : enough lift, big tires, and too much other junk to list :)

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Even if they had a listing there's no guarantee you would get the right shock.
It's not the amount of lift that matters, it's the combination of tire size, bump-stop extensions, and fender clearance that matters.

If your current shocks allow for full stuff of the tires with the axle on the bump-stops then unbolt one and take the measurement fully compressed, then get a new shock that matches.

If you have 1" of shaft left at full stuff then get a shock that is 1" longer when compressed.

If you top out the shock before you hit the bump-stop and your tires are clear of the fenders then you either need to extend your bump-stop and get the same size shock or choose a shock that is enough shorter to get the axle onto the bump-stop.

Clear as mud?

I like Doestech and Rusty's shocks, but both are mail order. OME are great as well, but expensive.

------------------
Chris S.
2002 KJ - staying stock (almost)
2000 TJ - 2" suspension lift, 1/2" body lift, assorted skids, hooks, rock rails, rock lights, 33" BFG MTs, custom bumper, Warn 8274
Mud Puppy's Jeep site

1 - 2 of 2 Posts