BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonite we continued with the body work by lifting the body off the frame for cleanup and inspection

To our suprise and dismay we found that the frame had been hit hard quite some time ago. most likely when new. the damage was repaired and looks like what you would expect 20 years ago in a body shop but I don't feel it is what we want in a strong running wheeler. So it may be an end to the SJ/sammy project less someone has a LWB SJ frame up for sale. Can I ask you guys/gals on the board to put out you feelers and see if we can find a frame to keep this project on the move. Ironic that I would have a spare SWB SJ frame out in the yard!

------------------
A real 4by is one that has been over on all four sides.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well that is a last result. I would replace a rusted section knowing that it is straight. but there is no way of knowing how straight this frame is. Just kinda at a low right now.

------------------

·
Registered
392 Posts
Actually moose i was in a shop the other day, mechanic next to my freinds shop, and i noticed he had a book that came with the frame machine he bought. This book gave u all the dimensions of a vehicle with a whole bunch of different measuring points, might wanna chek something like that out

------------------
ZookPower

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya did sometime at a bodyshop being a dogger so know about the frame books and such, will use them if I cut and splice the frame

Thanx still looking though

------------------

·
Registered
27 Posts
ok, so i called alpi's today. yes they do have a lwb frame. they will check it friday morning to see if it is in good shape or not.the cost will be about 400.00. post or email me if interested.---jeff

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great work!!
good to know it is there.
400 for something they usaully threw away is a little steep.
was thinking 200 max if it was here on the island.
but hey I really am thankfull to know one is around if the repairs on this one are too extensive.
thank for the reply.

------------------

·
Registered
27 Posts
ok, i talked to them today and they would let it go for 250. you might be able to do better cash in hand. small problem; they cut the springs off at the mounts.save yours and maybe it will work.*---jeff oh yeah the guy at alpi's name is tate.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanx sidetrack for the leg work!!!!!
ya still little pricey with the costs of ferries especially since they cut the spring perches. But will take over now and see if we can work a reasonable compramise. Though I won't get it if they don't come closer.
Guess I am still keeping my ears open at this point if any one see's a SJ LWB let me know.

------------------

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry guys but the frame was from an 86 which is quite different from the early 80's SJ's. SO we are still looking.. I understand that Abbotsford/Chilliwack or Salmon Arm has a Zuki type of wrecker?? Can someone give us some names of wreckers with Zuki's

Thanx all

------------------

1 - 13 of 13 Posts