BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Why is my SJ410 listed as a Suzuki Forsa on the papers? I recall hearing somewhere,its because SJ410 doesn't exist in ICBC's(fawkheads) computers. Anyone else's SJ410 listed as a Forsa? Who wuold have initiated the idea of listing it as a Forsa. The insurance agent? :confused: :confused: :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
Yup! Mines a 82' Forsa. I had to check the VIN myself cuz I figured someone had taken the papers off a car of the same year. But all was correct!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr.Zuki said:
Yup! Mines a 82' Forsa. I had to check the VIN myself cuz I figured someone had taken the papers off a car of the same year. But all was correct!
Ok so is the VIN on ur dash a cheezy sticker-printed on VIN. Is your secondary VIN on the passenger side frame rail behind front tire? By the way if yours is a sticker type VIN on your dash don't ever rub it with your finger or wipe it, it will come off very easily!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Check to see if you have a vin tag on the drivers side, just below the speaker...

I cant verify the one on the dash as my rig came from the wreckers with no dash. Going to find out if my vin are clean and see if I can registar them in my name seeing as it was abandonded at a wreckers...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
The Forsa had the same engine size as the 410. What kind of body style does your registration say? My insurance papers say sj410.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tim J said:
The Forsa had the same engine size as the 410. What kind of body style does your registration say? My insurance papers say sj410.
Under body style its listed as 2DRSW which of course means 2 door station wagon. Which is what a Forsa was right? Does your 410 have a dash VIN or a VIN on drivers kick panel under speaker?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tuner Inside said:
Check to see if you have a vin tag on the drivers side, just below the speaker...

I cant verify the one on the dash as my rig came from the wreckers with no dash. Going to find out if my vin are clean and see if I can registar them in my name seeing as it was abandonded at a wreckers...
When you get that squared away, would you mind e-mailing me and let me know how that went? Even if its months from now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
my sj410 was registered as a jimny. I did not think the called them jimny's over here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
WOW! Now that's wierd! I have the VIN on the dash, and the one on the frame. There are other stickers under the drivers speaker, not sure if the VIN is on there too, I'll check...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
Sorry guys, I made a mistake, I just double checked my insurance papers and under Model it is blank for my ICBC stuff, and my private insurace lists it as "other Suzuki models". I have the VIN under the drivers speaker as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tim J said:
Sorry guys, I made a mistake, I just double checked my insurance papers and under Model it is blank for my ICBC stuff, and my private insurace lists it as "other Suzuki models". I have the VIN under the drivers speaker as well.
So your VIN is under the drivers side speaker? No VIN on your dash?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Had a look at a 87 Samurai the Vin on that one was on the side of the dash under the driver's side window heater vent it also had the vehicle information tag below that-also with the VIN stamped into that too. But I know an 88.5 Sami I had, the VIN was under the driver's side speaker. What I don't get is do I have the only SJ410 in existence with a printed-lithographed on, dash- VIN? No metal VIN plate anywhere in my cab and no evidence of there ever having been one. ie. no pop rivet holes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
That is correct! No metal vin on the SJ410. Mine has the printed vin on the dash as well, and there is a tin/decal that is stuck on the drivers side speaker area. As was said before abought the dash one be carefull with it. Do not rub it. It will no longer be there. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mr.Zuki said:
That is correct! No metal vin on the SJ410. Mine has the printed vin on the dash as well, and there is a tin/decal that is stuck on the drivers side speaker area. As was said before abought the dash one be carefull with it. Do not rub it. It will no longer be there. ;)
See, there is a legitimate excuse for not having a dash VIN on an Sj410. If you have a fold down windshield or just have your top off while wheeling alot, this VIN would over the years disappear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
v c
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
As long as you can show them one vin that matches your insurance papers then you are set...

Time to go wheeling
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tuner lemme know what happens with your situation. thanks. going wheeling.........
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top