BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

I'm trying to get out to Chehalis Lake (Skwellepil Creek Campground) this weekend, up the Chehalis FSR.
It's been a couple years since I was up that road, however, I have been up since the landslide, so I know all about that.
On the BC Rec. Sites and Trails website, it says the campground doesn't open until May 1st. And that fees only apply between June 2012- March 2013.

Has anyone been up to that area recently, or know if the campsite's gate will be open? And/or if they are charging fees at this time of year?

I'm taking a couple "city" friends out camping this weekend and I would hate to go all the way up to find a locked gate. I'm also curious if Sayres Lake near Stave is charging for camping already?

Thanks for the tips!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Me and my husband camped up there last weekend in the pouring rain. No camp host yet at that time and no other people except some loggers. Lots of road closed and watch for landslides signs but didn't have any issues. Fishing was awesome too - husband caught his quota in fish (all around a 1lb - 16").

Sarah

1 - 2 of 2 Posts