BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya all,

I am just getting started in the 'wheelin world of mods after spending 2 months in Moab hitting the trail every single day with my way stock TJ. I am suffering from serious Jeep envy, and frustration at dragging my underbody on the rocks.

For starters I am looking for a 4 inch lift to fit 33's. I have been looking at the 4.5 inch Rubicon Express Super Flex, the 4 inch SkyJacker (single and double flex) and the 4 inch TeraFlex with flex arms. I am staying away from the standard lifts as I want the better articulation and ride. Pro-comp is not an option!

Can any of you guys out there that have one of these lifts or have seen them out on the trail give me an opinion. Is the double-flex Sky Jacker all its made out to be?

Keep in mind this is my daily driver! Money is a factor, but if the extra cash is REALLY worth it, I will try my hardest to scratch it together.

Thanks for any help guys,

Erica

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Give Yasu at NSOR a shout. He has a TJ and has gone through a few different setups including the Rubicon Express 4.5" kit. He now has the 8" Skyjacker Rock Ready in his rig. Very expensive setup, lots of parts but I know he really likes it. From my own personal observations some sort of long arm kit is definitely the way to go.

http://www.nsor.com/testdrive/2002/skyjacker8/

You can get him at 1-800-624-2468 or 604-988-7126.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Wil hit the nail on the head with the long arm idea. I have the Teraflex 4" kit with lower flexarms (not longarms) and I regret every penny that I spent on it. Sure it's a really nice kit and all, but if I had just waited a little longer I could have a rubicon express long arm kit.

The rubicon kit is THE best lift you can get for a Jeep TJ. Don't waste your money on anything else, you really get what you pay for, especially if you're going 4 inches or taller. Here's some info I've gleaned from forums, I think it's generally accepted knowledge now:

Teraflex 4": Good strong kit, short arms make for a bumpy ride, 4" is their tallest kit and the long arm kit only comes with LOWER long arms. What is the significance of this? You'd have to see a diagram, and my photoshop isn't working :mad: But with long control arms on the bottom mixed with shorties on the top you'll get a 3rd member pointing towards the floor at flex. This is bad.

Skyjacker: Offers a long arm kit which is a good thing, but unfortunately it doesn't offer upper long arms, similar to the Tera kit. Skyjacker advertises 6" 8" and 10" kits, but they have been said to really settle and droop often a full inch or more.

Rubicon Express: I haven't heard anything bad about the kits except the price, which is rather expensive. These come with upper and lower long arms which will drastically improve ride comfort and off-road ability (over an equal height short arm kit).

My vote is for the RE kit.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I've already placed my order with RE for my SYE and it should be ready for p/u friday or saturday.

Can I lose the t-case spacers with the SYE?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Uhhh, I just noticed that my title was reset, my postcount is rolled back and I somehow reverted to having my stock jeep again.... did something happen to the forum in my absence?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Baby Joe said:
Uhhh, I just noticed that my title was reset, my postcount is rolled back and I somehow reverted to having my stock jeep again.... did something happen to the forum in my absence?
Joe, where have you been? The board went down for like a week, and nothing was backed up.
better go change you sig again.:p

·
Registered
308 Posts
4Lo said:
Outcast, how important is it to install the control arms? I guess what I'm asking is do I need to do that right away?
Yes, you will need to install the adjustable arms with the SYE and CV driveshaft. It is the only way to properly adjust your pinion angle. My TeraFlex arms are comin off in about a month, maybe sooner. If you can wait, I'll hook you up with a pair so you won't have to buy new ones.

Arnold

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Outcast...YES,YES,YES, I want first dibs on those arms. Do you have upper and lowers?

I have e-mailed you my tele# please keep me in mind before you sell to someone else.

I am in the process of slowly upgrading my drive line ( the vibes are soon to be history).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.