BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
clutch ques. again
Has any one out there converted there clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder over to chevy or any other type to get more movement out of the clutch fork when pushing in the pedal. it seems i need a master cyln. with a bigger bore so ther is a greater volume of hydrlc. fluid being sent to the slave cyln. extending it even further into the clutch fork,,...when i push the pedal in.
does this make sense????
has anyone done this????

thanks
matt:confused:

·
Registered
504 Posts
nope, theres only so much travel in the pedal....what you need to do is move the fulcrum point(think thats the right word :confused: )the point where the arm pivots or move the slave in towards the trany

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
What's happening that you need more travel?
Lot's of cruisers use the stock slave with a V8 swap, maybe the clutch master is leaking internally.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I ran into this problem with my V6 swap... Toy p/u master cylinder would not push the clutch slave....
I did my usual "head down and bug the parts guy to see what the catalogs show ' routine and I came up with a Brake master cylinder from a 63 VW bus...
The old cars had single reservoir brakes and they certainly have a bigger bore than a clutch master... plus it was cheap....
I had to make a custom clutch line with the Euro bubble flare on one end and a regular inverted flare on the other...
A little mod to the Toyota push rod and a couple of new holes in the firewall and all was good..............

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the thing is ,,is that last year i rebuilt bothe cylinders ,, so all the seals and crap are new. Im preety sure its not leaking internally.
so ive decided since i work at a machine shop im just gonna make a custome SLAVE cylinder out of stainless with a smaller bore but longer in length so i get about a extra 3/16" of an inch extra movement. that should work ,, cause all it has to do with is the fluid displacement etc.. etc.. Im preety sure this will work, im gonna make it this weekend, And ill let you guys know

cheers
matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts