BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, guys, I need your help! I drive an '86 pickup. It has a new centerforce2 clutch, new master and slave cylinder (recommended to replace when you go to a CF2 I was told)
Anyways, when it starts to get warm through lots of shifting (but no more slipping than needed to not stall the engine) like when you are trying to climb a hill or get out of a mud pit, it starts to slip really badly like it's worn out. Once it cools down, it starts working like normal again.
What's causing this!!!?? It's driving me crazy! Last weekend I went to play in the snow and could hardly turn around because of the slipping clutch!

Sean

·
Registered
183 Posts
Did you replace to rear oil seal? sounds like the ol' oil on the disc routine to me..

------------------
"Momentum is key."

[This message has been edited by muddy_1 (edited January 09, 2002).]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by Tim Thorbjornsen:
You might want to check you free play too
hot
Ok, this was one thing I thought about. Flipped through my Haynes and it wasn't super clear as to the free play. Made it sound like there should be 2 screws to adjust. I only found one and it's backed off all the way.
There isn't any 'free play' though, I don't think. The clutch engages/disengages about half way through the travel but when it's all the way out there isn't any travel where it moves 'freely'.
The clutch pedal is the same height off the floor as the other pedals too, so how can I get more travel from it?

Sean

·
Registered
127 Posts
you should be able to push the pedal by hand with lightish force about an inch and then any further force will move the slave cylinder push rod and disengage the pressure plate from the clutch disc

There is a nut welded to a u shapped bracket and the push rod is threaded, turn the push rod into the nut, while doing this push the pedal by hand and judge about an inch of movement until there is resistence

hope you understand my crude instructions
good luck
Tim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts