can anyone tell me about this place?...my buddy suggested checking it out
tomorrow...is it stock capable?, and how far is it from the sasquatch
inn?...

tia,
allan

·
Registered
319 Posts
It's approx. 88km from Sasquatch Inn (long jarring drive) but the road in has been greatly improved from what I hear (havent done it since you had to cross a raging creek/river) but from what I hear its graded and bridged and don't be surprised to see a Honda Civic there. Good luck hope there's no garbage.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
This is a post from Bob from New West. I saved the webpage for future reference - now's the future I guess :p

Got this out of my Four Wheelers Companion book. Description:Turn north at the sasquatch Inn (0km ). 0.4km stay right at the main road. 4.1km cross pretty road creek. 5.7km bridge and campsite. 6.6km chehalis gas bar.stay left. 7.7km stay right past hemlock valley ski area turn-off. 11.3km pavement ends. 12.6km pass turn-offs to weaver,wolf and grace lakes. 18.3km pass turn-off to francis lake. 23.3km cross carmell creek. 30.1km woods lake campsite. 33.4km interesting side road to the left. 33.8km halecreek ( popular 4x4 route ). 35.4km side road left to sunrise lake. 39.0km stay right past mystery creek road,which connects with the chehalis system. 42.7km side road right down to 20 mile bay. 43.7km bridge over 20 mile creek. 43.9km road right to 20 mile bay. 45.0km stay right. 54.7km cross davidson creek.level area. 63.8km bremner creek.from this point the road becomes much rougher.A couple of short sections will tempt drivers to use four-wheel drive.cross bridges and eventually drop down into the tipella logging camp. 81.1km tipella logging operation.extensive machinery and equipment,and an office where travellers should register.they will warn logging trucks to watch out for you.Note that the logging trucks in the area use extra-wide beds;one would not want to get caught on a tight corner. 85.1km stay left. 87.8km stay right.left to sloquet hot springs. . 90.3km junction.stay right to cross bridge to west side. 94.7km road enters at right from metals research. 96.3km stay left. 109.1km whiskey lake. 110.8km gowan creek. 114.3km skookumchuk village.pass a car grave yard on the left.Note the turn-of-the-century wooden cathedral. 120.9km stay left. 121.3km rogers creek,followed shortly by a rough section. 136.8km turn-off ( left ) to tena bridge.stay right. 143.0km houses to right. 146.5km driftwood bay campsite. 147.0km cross lizzie creek.there are logging roads up both sides of the creek.active logging. 148.2km lizzie creek campsite. 151.6km twin two creek, followed by twin one creek. 156.3km strawberry point campsite. 162.5km duffey lake road junction.left to mount currie,right to duffey lake. This was published in 1995.

·
Registered
429 Posts
just done that trip was good conditions past tipella
skookumchuck hotsprings is also on the trail and well worth the stop for a small donation you can relax in a hottub filled by the springs:p it is anice drive
the west harrison fsr is good upto about 65 km mark then a little rough trail gets narrow in some sections past bremner creek to
tretheway creek then widens and smooths again
have fun and allow a full day
you can also travel west side of lillooet river for 3/4 of the way to duffy lake rd but will miss hot springs:canadian :beer

·
Registered
16 Posts
We were just at the Sloquet Hot Springs a couple of months ago. The road is 2wd the whole way. No problem at all.

To get there, drive all the way up the west side of Harrison Lake to the Tipella Logging Camp. You should stop at the office there and let them know where you're going so they can radio any logging trucks bearing down on you. Once past the Tipella logging camp (about 5k) you will cross a bridge. Take the turnoff to the left immediately past the bridge and stay left all the way up to the springs, (about 8k after the turnoff).

The springs are fantastic, and relatively pristine, (such that I hesitated posting directions...) There are some nice campsites there, but they are not maintained by anyone so make sure you carry out whatever you brought with you.

A nice way to return is to continue on the FSR all the way to Pemberton and return via the Sea-to-Sky.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.