BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a stock 97 f-150 supercab longbox

Looking for an inexpensive lift to get just a few extra inches, maybe for one size bigger tires. Looks like 31's on there now.

One suggestion was to crank up the front torsion bars maybe 2" and put some blocks on the back.
Has anyone tried this?

Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
With my 2000 I just cranked up the torsion bars 1 inch and had plenty of room for 33's. I haven't done it yet but was going to put a add a leaf in the rear but still trying to decide if I want a 4inch lift first. When cranking the torsion bars take a measurement from the centre of the hubs to the fender. When cranking don't go past 24 1/4 inches between the fender and centre of the hub. My buddy cranked his that much and was able to fit 35's under it. Anymore then that measurement will blow cv's if your hard on it. Btw if you have the 4.6 like I do anything more than 33's will take a decent amount of power away without regearing.

Best of luck

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
I had a '97 f150. I cranked the torsion bars all the way and put an additional 2" block in the rear. Everything worked out fine for another 150,000 km until I sold the truck.

I had 315-70-17's on the truck with this lift and I did end up regearing to 4.56.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I did something like that with my old Toyota pickup, cranked up the torsion bars and put airbags in the back. It really made for a decent ride too.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had a '97 f150. I cranked the torsion bars all the way and put an additional 2" block in the rear. Everything worked out fine for another 150,000 km until I sold the truck.

I had 315-70-17's on the truck with this lift and I did end up regearing to 4.56.
I think that's what I might do when my 33's wear out. 35's look really good on these trucks with not much lift.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts