BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 YJ with open diffs, 33" Mickey Thompson tires and a rough country 4" lift. What recommendations would you have for a run with the current snow conditions? Nothing too far away from Surrey. I don't want to put my rig into anything it shouldn't be in and would like to do some runs this weekend.

Cheers

·
Registered
395 Posts
unless your into a 2 hr drive the local ice rink is about as close as your going to get

·
Registered
570 Posts
Guilford Mall. :D J/K

Eagle Ridge

·
Registered
831 Posts
X2 on Eagle. Easy to get to (not far from Surrey), not too far, and tons of fun.

Please though...if you're new to snow wheeling, go prepared (straps, winch, shovel, extra clothes, etc., etc.), and PLEASE don't go alone!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great suggestions thanks. I did the Thurston run. Found the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ tires to not be the greatest in snow. Thinking I'll get an engo winch.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
air down lots and don't go on your own. Its still early in the season, but you never know what lies hidden under a few inches of snow. Would suck to find out while on your side in the ditch with no one to help you out.

·
Registered
243 Posts
air down lots and don't go on your own. Its still early in the season, but you never know what lies hidden under a few inches of snow. Would suck to find out while on your side in the ditch with no one to help you out.
x2 to that. if you get yourself in deep enough snow, even a winch might not be able to help you out.. only a shovel. which reminds me.. pack a shovel whenever snow wheeling.

I usually run 3-5psi in the snow. But I have internal beadlocks. W/o beadlocks I run 5-8psi and watch my wheelspin a little closer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts