BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the topic says.. unfortunately I was unable to attend.. see related ranting in raving in Toyota section.. anyone get any pics?

------------------
86 toyota, 6", 35s, and a garage full of parts. (my beast)
Mods? Well I hold my CV boots together with zap-straps.

·
Registered
54 Posts
NO !!!!!!!!!! I GOT HIT BY A F#*$*N GUY ON CRUCHES.... PLEASE TELL ME WHY YOU ARE OUT 4X4'N IF YOU CANT DRIVE YOUR TRUCK SAFELY????

MY SHOULDER IS BANGED UP BUT I WILL LIVE.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK THE GUYS THAT HELPED ME OUT THERE, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, THANX...

[This message has been edited by vibe (edited October 08, 2001).]

·
Registered
84 Posts
A cripple beat you up(LOL),come on give us details on your disturbing situation.

------------------
"84"4runner,35's 6"lift,5:29's-welded in to one solid block of spiders.

I don't wanna roll,I don't wanna roll,GOD please don't let me roll!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
ya hooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
what a riot today on the flats.
really enjoyed watching people crazier
than me.
all good until the last puddle on the way home. got brave and tried to drown my poor jeep.took 1/2 hour to suck the water from my
intake before it would fire.
thanx to dax&vibe for the laughter,gotta see
the pics from this blunder!
hope your shoulder is feeling better vibe,
that driver was careless.
see ya next weekend.

------------------
2muchfun
1998 jeep cherokee 4.0l
stock but tries hard

·
Registered
92 Posts
not really funny, vibe went on quite a ride
when she got hit.could have been a different
outcome if she wasn't paying attention.

------------------
2muchfun
1998 jeep cherokee 4.0l
stock but tries hard

·
Registered
54 Posts
some stupid guy in a dodge (full size) changed his plans from park into rev. and wothout any care at all he says that he hit the gas instead of the break and smashed into my shoulder, made me go flying a good 3-4 feet in the air and landed on some nice guy on the side. He really shouldnt be driving he has his foot all wraped up and he told me he screwed ... boy did he ever

thanks again to the guy that i landed on...if anybody knows this guy let him know .......THANX

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by vibe:
NO !!!!!!!!!! I GOT HIT BY A F#*$*N GUY ON CRUCHES.... PLEASE TELL ME WHY YOU ARE OUT 4X4'N IF YOU CANT DRIVE YOUR TRUCK SAFELY????
This is pretty typical of one of the reasons I avoid the Stave Lake mud flats. It's a gong show with lots of pinheads goofing around there. It's no wonder that that sort of accident doesn't happen more often. Oops...I mean, it's a wonder that that sort of thing doesn't happen more often.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

[This message has been edited by lars (edited October 09, 2001).]

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Originally posted by lars:
It's no wonder that that sort of accident doesn't happen more often.
Lars, it does happen more often. Just read the posts from the spring. Some guy got killed, another lost a leg...
And then there is the stuff we do not hear about.

Wes

------------------
...a member of the herd
www.hot.alloffroad.com

·
Registered
195 Posts
Thats not all....some guy on a dirtbike hit a little dog too..i dunno if it survived....it wasnt moving and the owners left right away......if anyone knows if the dog survived let us know..It was like 20 minutes after the girl got hit by the truck.

------------------
James King
95 F150 4"lift on 33's..
4.10's Auburn Posi
3" no cats exhaust...MSD
Surrey B.C.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Originally posted by vibe:
some stupid guy in a dodge (full size) changed his plans from park into rev. and wothout any care at all he says that he hit the gas instead of the break and smashed into my shoulder, made me go flying a good 3-4 feet in the air and landed on some nice guy on the side. He really shouldnt be driving he has his foot all wraped up and he told me he screwed ... boy did he ever

thanks again to the guy that i landed on...if anybody knows this guy let him know .......THANX

Sorry to hear about the accident Vibe

I hope you get better quickly, and this experience doesn't sour you against Stave too much. It's too bad people have to get drunk and do stupid things.

I didn't know how much bad stuff hapens out there. Just shows how stupid people can be with alcohol and driving.

Well.... It's good to know that you are mostly OK Vibe.

------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
Slowly becoming less original, 31" tires, 360 2bbl V8, TF727 3 speed auto, NP205 T-case Dana 44 front, Chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker

[This message has been edited by Jarett (edited October 09, 2001).]

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by Jarett:
Sorry to hear about the accident Vibe

I hope you get better quickly, and this experience doesn't sour you against Stave too much. It's too bad people have to get drunk and do stupid things.

I didn't know how much bad stuff hapens out there. Just shows how stupid people can be with alcohol and driving.
Man, I'm starting to feel like an old fart lecturing to the younger whipper-snappers. The more alert among you will read this as a warning that I'm about to go on another rant. And of course, you'd be right. ;-)

I've spent enough of my own mis-guided youth drinking and partying and playing with 4x4s to realize that we ALL contribute to the gong-show atmosphere of the mud flats simply by being there and spectating. There's a distinct correlation between the number of stupid stunts performed and the number of hollering and hooting spectators present to watch that stupid stunt being performed. If you think it's a shame that the experience is ruined by drunken idiots, the practical solution would be to stay away from the area.

Why is it practical?

For starters, it is VERY difficult to change someone else's behaviour but you can definitely change your own. Secondly, by reducing the number of spectators, you are reducing the peer pressure and party atmosphere which, one would hope, cut down on the stupidity and drinking.

So why don't you make a positive effort and simply avoid the mud flats.

---

I guess the other side of the coin is that maybe it's a good thing for the drunks to stay in that one area and leave the REAL trails to the responsible fourwheelers? Actually, I'd have no problem with that except that I know we will all get suffer from the increasing bad reputation these morons will give fourwheelers as the injuries, deaths, and stories of stupidity grow.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

·
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's human nature. We like to slow down and look at the grizzly accident on the highway, we like to jeer at the idiot getting pulled over by the cops, we like to bet people 5 dollars they won't jump off their second floor patio.. We also like to watch people do stupid things to their trucks (resulting in "carnage"). Stave is most definetly an excellent area to observe the shade tree molson monkey in it's natural habitat.

------------------
86 toyota, 6", 35s, and a garage full of parts. (my beast)
Mods? Well I hold my CV boots together with zap-straps.

·
Registered
92 Posts
yes lars i agree,time to find a new spot to wheel.

------------------
2muchfun
1998 jeep cherokee 4.0l
stock but tries hard

·
Registered
92 Posts
hey vibe,wheres the pics fr4om sunday at the swamp?

------------------
2muchfun
1998 jeep cherokee 4.0l
stock but tries hard

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Originally posted by cherokee:
yes lars i agree,time to find a new spot to wheel.

How about the 4WDABC Sunrise Lake Run, Sunday October 28th? Final one of the year.
9AM meet/9:15AM departure from the Sasquatch Inn off hwy 7 in Harrison Bay.

Wes

------------------
...a member of the herd
www.hot.alloffroad.com

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Originally posted by Wes Rempel:
How about the 4WDABC Sunrise Lake Run, Sunday October 28th? Final one of the year.
9AM meet/9:15AM departure from the Sasquatch Inn off hwy 7 in Harrison Bay.

Wes

I'm sure I can get a couple people to go on that trip

------------------
Slowly becoming less original, 31" tires, 360 2bbl V8, TF727 3 speed auto, NP205 T-case Dana 44 front, Chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by sparkyjay1:
Thats not all....some guy on a dirtbike hit a little dog too..i dunno if it survived....it wasnt moving and the owners left right away......if anyone knows if the dog survived let us know..It was like 20 minutes after the girl got hit by the truck.

The dog is for some reason Ok. I can't believe he survived his head was touching the back of his tail as if his spine snapped. On the drive back to Newton Animal Hospital he slowly started moving his head and feet and straightened himself out. It wasn't the bikers fault the dog is trained to stop people from stealing motorcycles from my shop in Whiterock. The bike sounded just like mine. I don't want to see this as a negative impact on the Stave area, to many places are getting shut down.thanks for the concern about my dog and no hard feelings, accidents happen.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Originally posted by 5th gear:
The dog is for some reason Ok. I can't believe he survived his head was touching the back of his tail as if his spine snapped. On the drive back to Newton Animal Hospital he slowly started moving his head and feet and straightened himself out. It wasn't the bikers fault the dog is trained to stop people from stealing motorcycles from my shop in Whiterock. The bike sounded just like mine. I don't want to see this as a negative impact on the Stave area, to many places are getting shut down.thanks for the concern about my dog and no hard feelings, accidents happen.

Glad to hear he is OK.

------------------

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.