BC 4x4 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 151 Posts

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Also fabbed up a fancy schmancy clutch line bracket complete with gussets and a fresh coat of t-clad.
I'm trying to do this build as much as I possibly can without drilling extra holes for mounting hardware etc. Toyotas rust bad enough already, I don't want to give the opportunity to make it worse.

Attachments

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I wasn't going to have room for the factory air box because I wasn't relocating the battery to the other side of the truck, but that's okay, I didn't want that big ugly thing anyways. I also wanted to eliminate the intake muffler that sat on top of the valve cover.

Pic 1: factory intake routing

Pic 2: kind of what I wanted to end up with.

Attachments

· Registered
3,952 Posts
I like my air intake better .. :eek:

better get some pics up of that bodywork !! Darcy is the best !! asked him about doing mine .. but I gues hes "busy"

Nice work bud .. love the "fancy schmancy clutch line bracket" .. :)

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Yes I'm back. Here's some pics of the intake bracket I made to support the maf and k&n filter. The filter is a dodge neon 2.0 factory replacement so if anything goes wrong, that'll be the first.;)

I just used a pvc coupling to connect the 2 factory rubber intake hose, a couple of hose clamps. Did some port work to the coupling so that I don't lose any hp from intake turbulence.:rolleyes:

Now the whole intake ducting moves with the engine instead of having to flex with the movement of the engine because it's mounted to the body. We'll see how it works.

Attachments

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
The box had a minor issue from the get go on the front lower area on the drivers side, the curve of the skirt did not match the curve of the cab. So a wedge was cut out of the skirt and then squeezed back together and glassed up.

Attachments

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Some bodywork pics..... My buddy is doing the bodywork and paint for me, he doesn't like me posting pics because it looks like crap until it's in primer, oh well.

Attachments

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Got the exhaust done, used a couple of flex couplers so as to relieve any unwanted stresses on the headers since Downey is closed so I don't know where to get another set if these ones break. I used the stock 3.4 cat and a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler with 2.5 mandrel bent pipe throughout. My welds look kind of cheesey, I think i'm just too impatient, then again, its just exhaust. Hopefully they hold out for a while.

Attachments

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I figured I was going to need another "outlet" for wiring, etc. to exit/enter the cab for future additions, so I got out my handy dandy knockout cutter and punched the existing hole at the rear of the cab on the drivers side to the correct size so that it will accept the same factory grommet that is used on the passenger side for the taillight harness. Worked out well.

Attachments

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I know I'm going to have to deal with this sometime..........not enough up travel for the proportioner because the muffler is so far back. I was having trouble leaving enough space for future dual cases plus two o2 sensors and a cat without the muffler being so far back. Minor, I'll fix it later honey.

Attachments

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
The 25+ years of sun baked out the paint and primer underneath the vents in the cowl area and since the cowl does not come off on these trucks I got to reach in through here and put an extension on a brush and dabble on some por15 to seal and protect. What I couldn't get to from that area, I then used one of my kids paint brushes to brush in through the cowl vents.
After the truck is in primer I'll scuff up what I can in there and then spraybomb the truck color in there wherever I can and brush the rest in there to keep the uv rays from ruining the por15.

Attachments

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Epoxy primer on the cab, hood and t-gate to cover the bare metal, and then hi-build on everything so it can be block sanded, etc.
Amazingly enough, that's a Toyota NOS tailgate that my wife's uncle bought and put on the truck a little while before he gave the truck to her. Bonus:cool:

Attachments

41 - 60 of 151 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.