BC 4x4 Forums banner
141 - 151 of 151 Posts

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
AllPro decided to streamline their steering box mounting brackets and now only make one type for all the applications. They send you the tacoma one with all their kits. In order for it to work on a first gen it has to be modified to fit the contour of the frame. Didn't get any before pics, but here's some pics of it tacked onto the frame.

Attachments

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
Had a friend who is a ticketed welder do the final welding on all the suspension and steering brackets. Just wanted to ensure the welds are actually as strong as they look.

Attachments

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Shots of it actually sitting on decent rubber borrowed from a friend. 35x12.5s on 15x10s with 3.5"b.s. They look small now, but the suspension should settle about 1-1/2". The high cut fenders make the tires look like they are on the small side too. Not sure what size I'm going to go with yet.

Attachments

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
All Pro's bracket jig is WAY out of whack. I can't believe they even sent this out. Something else to fix.

Attachments

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Thanks, yeah the spring hanger was a disappointment for sure. Got it fixed though and welded high carbon steel "washers" to the insides of the spring hangers where I had die grinded so that the bolts had round holes to go through. I got this pic, I'll see if I can find one with the high carbon steel parts welded on.

Attachments

· Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Got my duals put together. Bought the marlin crawler v6 kit with all 23 spline inputs. Marlin doesn't make an R150 to gear drive xfer adapter so in their kit the supply an inchworm one. The inchworm adapter enables you to mount the xfers at 0 degrees or 10 degrees clocked. I chose to mount it at 0 degrees so I would have less work getting the skys xfer crossmember adapted to my 1st gen truck.
Funny, no one makes a bolt on 1st gen duals gear drive xfer adapter for a 3.4 with a 3.0 R150 trans. I'm sure they could have sold at least 4 by now!

Attachments

141 - 151 of 151 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.