BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What a month! Half the BB gone due to a crappy server, no more job and I've found a big ass honkin' hole in my frame! My bad I guess I bought it in a hurry and didn't crawl under the front end. The inside of the drivers side frame has a very large rust hole about mid spring that is way past fixing. So what does a frame for an `81 go for these days? I think I've seen them posted here before but can't recall a price.

The ugly truth about Toys

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i came acrosse a 82, no rust, guy wanted 200 bux for it but u had to remove the cab and ****. gone now but shop around and u will get a good one. consider a cali frame if u have extra $$ to spend

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pitter said:
consider a cali frame if u have extra $$ to spend
I would love one, nothing but steel, and none of the red beast... but right now I'm rich with time and low on $$$. Plus I would have no way to get the dang thing here to the Isle of Vic. :(

·
Registered
144 Posts
check out corvette holdings in victoria

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
ive seen ads for aftermarket frames in the back of petersons or 4wheeler for toyota, jeep and other shat....

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
gumbom said:
ive seen ads for aftermarket frames in the back of petersons or 4wheeler for toyota, jeep and other shat....
Can you say EXPENSIVE?

What about patching it? Looks pretty bad, so that might no cut it. Phone a local junkyard or two...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Goof said:
What about patching it?
I thought about patching it for about 15 seconds, just long enough to stick my finger in the hole and dislodge a quarter sized chunck of rust. The top and upper sides of the rails are still strong so it's nothing but street use until the frame is swapped. I'll be calling Corvette holdings in the morning but cash is real tight right now without a job.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Dude.. call them!
i was just there, and they got **** loads of stuff!
toy stuff, btw..
pretty cheap when i was asking.. Just say you're from langford, and he'll probably take a bit off :p
Good luck man!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well gave them a call, they have a good ready to go `81 for a 2wdr... will this work? Other then that they also have about 15 more `81 frames condition unknowen when I called. The price I got on the phone was 500 beans. So just how much work would there be in converting a 2wdr frame to work with a 4x4? Are they the same aside from mounts or are they different dimensions all togther?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts