BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if this place is still up, or if cops hound it or whatever. Gotta buddy who just lifted his ford and whats to get it a little dirty and wants to go there, but i haven't been there for awhile. Anybody let me know.
Thanks
Jordan

------------------
87 XJ: 4" lift, 31x10.50 BFG's, roof rack, ramsey 8000 winch, hi lift jack, cb radio, swaybars disconnected, and some other stuff

·
Registered
237 Posts
Which Surrey pit?

------------------
Blue 1981 CJ5
*Damnit, anyone see where that door went?"

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought i could of swore i heard of them clearing it, or something along those lines, but i guess not, is it still the same entry point, over the curb, through the mud and then up the hill to the trail and so on, or is there a new way(s). What about over the big hump right across from the arena?
Plus where else are good begginer trails?
Thanks
Jordan

·
Registered
237 Posts
Yeah I figured it was that one
Hey Brent those pics are insane

Craig Colin and Jeremy (guys who were with me) arent gonna believe we were that muddy lol.

------------------
Blue 1981 CJ5

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually i was wondering what other beginner trails are around the lower mainland, like eagle ridge and so on?
Thanks
jordan

------------------
87 XJ: 4" lift, 31x10.50 BFG's, roof rack, ramsey 8000 winch, hi lift jack, cb radio, swaybars disconnected, and some other stuff

·
Registered
237 Posts
If you do go into the Surrey Pit, STAY OUT of the water with 2 big tire entrance marks, theres a 3 foot drop off, I got stuck in there when i went there, so if u go go with another jeep or truck, preferably with a winch.

------------------
Blue 1981 CJ5 31" tires
Mods? well I hold my muffler up with a coat hanger.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Which one you talking about, theres two, kind of. I was stuck up to my body in the first one when you come down the hill. But i guess the 3 foot drop off is kind of new since i've been there. Thanks for the info though
Jordan

·
Registered
36 Posts
anybody wanna spot me with directions? Is it far from scott road? I don't want to go far to do tests with my Jeep?

------------------
Finnally the cherokee has come back to Vancover!

·
Banned
23 Posts
The funnest entrance, is around the back of the arena, you have to go over the snow piles, then navigate your way up some crazy hills, then around some blocks at the top. I saw those tire marks, and i drove right through them with my foot slammed on the gas, i got wet, but no noticible damage yet. The cops are starting to hound that place, so be carefull. Oh ya, there's a car sunk in there somewhere, it says 5 litre eater on it, be carefull of it, it'll getcha.

------------------
88 yota SR5 ext cab V6 4in explorer pro comp susp lift with superlift springs, and 3in body lift. Running 32in swaps

·
Registered
50 Posts
are you guys talking about the old winery off of 152 & #10hwy where they built the new arena? we used to go there and play about 10yrs ago. i had a 90 nissan king cab back then that was stock with 31's and never got stuck. has it changed much since then?

------------------
when in doubt, hammer the gas

·
Registered
138 Posts
really hard to tell what's going on down there, I go there alot in my truck, I believe me, there is a huge drop off in the long mud puddle!! Last I went there was one way to get in, and that was behind the arena where they store the snow, but haven't been there for 2 weeks. Good pit though!

------------------
'85 4runner, 6' suspension lift and 35' mudders (my baby)

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
You people really need to look at the bigger picture here. Trespassing on private land (let's not kid ourselves, it's all private if it's in Surrey) is NOT a good idea. It makes us fourwheelers look bad and gets the landowners and police pissed off at us.

It may be innocent fun to you but make no mistake about it, you ARE damaging the public image of fourwheelers. Landowners are not obliged to provide you with access to their land, even if it's a pile of dirt, just because it's too far for you to drive out to Stave Lake, Eagle Ridge, etc. The fact that it's not gated or there's an open bypass doesn't mean that it's ok to trespass.

I would hope that most of you bought 4x4s to go fourwheeling in the bush, not to pose in construction sites. I understand the frustration of having to drive 45 min. to find a trail but you know what? It's not a big deal to control your impulses and obey the law. You'd be doing all fourwheelers a favour by doing so.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Well said Lars

------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
Slowly becoming less original, 31" tires, 360 2bbl V8, TF727 3 speed auto, NP205 T-case Dana 44 front, Chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker

G

·
I think Lars is on the right track. Why do you think nobody wants to listen to us regarding land issues, although, I'm sure were all guilty of a little urban excursion at one time or another.

------------------
High Country Explorers
Red YJ 4" lift
"I hope that was the skidplate"
www.members.home.net/ichris4x4/index

·
Registered
39 Posts
I know the owner of the rink, and according to him, that property is owned by slurry.
By the way, stay out of the property thats closer to Hwy.10 and 152nd, the owner is not happy if you are in there, he looks crazy, has an axe, and is not afraid to bend your fenders!!!

------------------
98 Dakota
No mods as of yet.....

·
1,269 Posts
I've been known to take a sight seeing cruise through the odd dirt pile or construction site (sandy hill in abbotsford used to have some dope trails and bogs), however I've changed my wicked ways. I figure it's worth the extra 20 bucks in gas if it saves a few hundred in tickets and vi's.

------------------
86 toyota, 6", 35s, and a garage full of parts. Mods? Well I hold my CV boots together with zap-straps.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I know! I`m digging deep in the archives now!

But I have a question regarding those pits. I was brought there this summer by a friend. The access to it was simple, with no indication that we weren`t allowed in there at all. I would expect a sign at least, or some kind of barricade.
Did I really do the wrong thing by going in there? If I saw a private property sign I wouldn`t have done it. I`m confused..

-Oh, and It sure wasn`t a construction site. :confused:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.