BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well sold the runner , Gonna miss it . .. rust and all ... now I'm looking for a J**p .......

In all reallity the runner was a great (bush) truck but the body was more rust than steel . I was ok with that untill I noticed the frame had started to disintergrate over the last 3 months . So It's gone . :( Now it's time to move on ...to the darkside ....

Ps . did I mention that I beat the s#!t out off it for 9 months and still made $500 profit .. damn gotta love toys . :p

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
:eek: why a J**P. and toys are great, i beat on my 85 for a few months, and made a few hundread dollers too.:*******

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know the dolly parton song "My friends all drive jeeps and I must make a mends!" Seriouslly I've wanted one for a long time and now the time is right for me . Besides all the people I wheel with on a regular basis drive Jeeps so this will cut down on the spare parts I have to bring along .

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
If it makes you Toy guys happy, I know a Jeep guy who virtually totalled his Jeep in an accident so he just picked up an already-built Toyota 4x4 to play with.

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I own a 82 CJ7 and all I want is an 85 toy pickup.

Because with a 22re at least I could afford to go some where, stupid 4.2 L

I love my jeep-----------but the 85 toy

:D :( :( :D :( :confused:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Greg82 said:
I own a 82 CJ7 and all I want is an 85 toy pickup.

Because with a 22re at least I could afford to go some where, stupid 4.2 L

:D :( :( :D :( :confused:
Sure the milage is great on toys but good solid toys are getting harder to find .

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
OK The answer is to get both a sweet toy to drive daily and a roof-less jeep for the weekend!!

This will cost less------------------YES LESS hehehhe:cool: :D

:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I've read that J**P stands for "just empty every pocket"!:D

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
dp said:
I've read that J**P stands for "just empty every pocket"!:D
Fourwheeling stands for "just empty every pocket!" ;)

Just look at your own sig! It's tough to do this sport really cheap if you also want to have a built-up rig.

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
382 Posts
Jeep actually stands for
"Justifies Extra Expensive Parts"
Toyota stands for
"Truck Over Years Oxidizes Totally Away"

As far as Jeep vs Toy..... it's all the same- it's the Wheeling that matters not the way.................

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i guess i gotta say it, if i don't buy a toyota im getting a jeep:D

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've owned an older CJ-7 before and I now own a Toy and I have to say they both have their advantages. All in all I do prefer my Toy though.

·
Registered
708 Posts
theres a nice blue heep on 33" swampers i think i just drove by it. I believe its on South Fraser Way i will give you an adress. I believe the guy wants 6500 for it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
You'll be doing just as much to fix the jeep.
Possibly but why start with a shot frame ? I wanted to do the suspension next that meant putting more money into the "bush buggy/everyday driver" To make this truck a respectable everyday driver it would have cost about the same as the Jeep , but it would have taken way too much time!!!!!

OK The answer is to get both a sweet toy to drive daily and a roof-less jeep for the weekend!!
I don't have the room to store a car just for the weekends .

buy a ford/chevy/scout\farm tractor!
Ok .. so I'd rather drive the Farm Tractor than a Ford (personal choice ) I'm sure the chicks would just go ga-ga for a ride home on the tractor ...LOL

i guess i gotta say it, if i don't buy a toyota im getting a jeep
You say that like it's a bad thing . LoL

theres a nice blue heep on 33" swampers
Thanx , I got a line on a 92 renegade if it doesnt pan out i'll let ya know .

Ok , here is the thing . I'm actually a converted lowrider /pavement pounder :eek: So I got a good deal on an old Runner to give wheelin' a shot .
$1200 84 runner rusted body (frame looked ok or so I thought )
$100 15x9 spokes
$85 5- 33"x 12.5 armstrong mudders
$250 head & gasket job
$125 camshaft
$140 3" bodylift
Priceless- learning why you need to pick the right line to drive
Priceless - sinking the runner in 3.5' of stave lake mud .
Priceless -finding a new hobby
Priceless - meeting new people
Priceless -not caring about body damage while learning to read the trails
Priceless -going where everyone else goes on 1/8 the budget
Priceless -The smile on my face after 8 months of wheelin' the runner .
Priceless -The bigger smile on my face when I sold it for $1700 after I realized the frame was starting to go quick like .( No , I didn't lie to the guy . He already has a good frame at home and just needed the running gear and papers)

So, It's time to move on to the next project ...
I don't want a hardcore rig , it's gotta look good on the street .This will be my every day driver so it needs to be newer . Don't want to do a SAS anytime soon so it can't be IFS . Needs to be bigger than a Zuk . Drop top a definite bonus . ( loved driving the runner without the top ) . So that leaves me with .......

Jeep

...........or a John Deere.:******* LoL

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
why would i say getting a jeep is bad. i didn't. if i don't get a toyota then a jeep is my second choice over every other 4x4 out there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
why would i say getting a jeep is bad. i didn't. if i don't get a toyota then a jeep is my second choice over every other 4x4 out there.
Sorry , guess I should proofread

1 - 18 of 18 Posts