BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanna swap a solid axle into a 87-89 toyota pickup where is the best shop and how much will it be costing I plan to just put the OTT hysteer on at the same time so i don't have to swap steering boxes

·
Registered
373 Posts
call 4offrd
604 465-7700

they do great work...

------------------
Poguebilt Toys..... A new breed of Toyota Perfection.
1986 Toyota pickup solid axle conv. 5" susp. 3"body 36" tslsx siped, 5.29's, K&N
spool rear, detroit front, 5012's, 44044's, 4cyl bored, balanced, Doug thorley header, flowmaster muffler, OTT crossover steering , u-bolt flip F/R, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do these guys do alot of suspension was thinking of putting coils up front with the solid axle

·
1,269 Posts
I'll second that. If you want a solid swap on coils and you've got a whole whack of cash to blow (like.. a WHOLE whack not just a few whacks) 4offrd does some of the prettiest work I've ever seen.

------------------
I'd tell you about my truck but you probably wouldn't believe me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why how much do you think a solid axle swap with coils will cost??

·
Registered
183 Posts
you know what they say.. if you haver to ask you can't afford it

·
1,269 Posts
I'm not 4offrd so I can't say. An extreme ballpark... you'd better have a few grand saved up?

------------------

·
1,269 Posts
I just got off the phone with Al from 4offrd and he said that a solid on coils would be in the neighbourhood of $5000.

They were out of town last week competing in Utah when I called asking about some prices on some stuff, and he called me back even though I don't remember leaving a name or number. How's that for customer service?
They are a great bunch of guys.

------------------

·
Registered
416 Posts
It cost me around $3000 parts and labour to do an SAS with coils from friend of mine that is trying to get an shop going. I don't think it would pass an VI but not sure and don't want to find out.Leaf springs are easier and would have cost less for my friend to do to my runner.Now that I know how to do it I am starting an trail rig(cruiser)and will do all my own work.

------------------
"Born and Bred To Rip and Shred"

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'll do it.you supply the parts plus 1500.00$ labor.you can look at my truck or KMA's to see my work (Dan M does all the important welding for me)

------------------
Its done.44044's,chevy's,9012's,36 swampers.and it still fits in the garage!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts