BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if someone can gimme some info on a broncoII rear axle...
width, strength etc
thanks

RJ

------------------
1992 YJ with 33's

·
Registered
228 Posts
7.5" ring gear

I dunno the rest...small, weak axles without many splines, small drum brakes, etc

and about 58" I think.

If you're looking for a decent Ford axle, the 8.8" from an Explorer is the one you want. 31 spline, big bearing, disc's after '95, 58" drum to drum and 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern.

Cheers
Dale

------------------
1992 Ford Explorer
Chrome grill guard and some other mods...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it's the 8.8 i want but i've had a hell of a time locating one at a good price.
just thinkin the BII might have an 8.8 too cuz i know it is in a lot of ford models...I'd just have to have it chopped down.

oh well
thanks
and if anyone has an 8.8 out there for me lemme know

RJ

------------------
1992 YJ with 33's

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by RYJAY:
I know it's the 8.8 i want but i've had a hell of a time locating one at a good price.
just thinkin the BII might have an 8.8 too cuz i know it is in a lot of ford models...I'd just have to have it chopped down.

oh well
thanks
and if anyone has an 8.8 out there for me lemme know

RJ
Bronco 2's had 28 spline 7.5" rears. You MIGHT find an 8.8 in a '90, but thats only a rumour, AFAIK.

------------------
I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

·
Registered
76 Posts
they only come in the 90 something (early) rangers and explorers that had the 4.0L, but as far as i know they are 28 spline...the explorers later on are 31 spline, not sure what year that started though....just a guess but the 31 spline may have started when the disc brakes were available???

------------------
77 f250 460 4 spd, 70 rear 60 front, 40 swampers<br>
ford message board-check it out

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by d stuart:
they only come in the 90 something (early) rangers and explorers that had the 4.0L, but as far as i know they are 28 spline...the explorers later on are 31 spline, not sure what year that started though....just a guess but the 31 spline may have started when the disc brakes were available???
All Exploder's (1990.5+)are 31 spline 8.8 in the rear. 95 up get discs.

------------------

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by d stuart:
Some '90 Rangers had 2.9 got D35 and 28 spline 8.8

------------------

·
Registered
174 Posts
According to the dealer manual the 2.9 model only came with the 7.5 rear and the 90-newer came with the dana 35 up front before that it was the dana 28. If you get one with the 8.8 in the rear with 2.9 it was a swap that someone did.
Terry
member of
Coquitlam Crawler

------------------
take off that skirt and shut up and just giver

[This message has been edited by go4it (edited February 12, 2002).]

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by go4it:
According to the dealer manual the 2.9 model only came with the 7.5 rear and the 90-newer came with the dana 35 up front before that it was the dana 28. If you get one with the 8.8 in the rear with 2.9 it was a swap that someone did.
Terry
member of
Coquitlam Crawler
Ford has never followed their own schedules. There ARE '90 B2's and Rangers with 2.9/35/8.8

------------------

·
Registered
228 Posts
There are also some BII's running around with Explorer bagges on them too...

------------------
1992 Ford Explorer
Chrome grill guard and some other mods...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts