BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 1987 Suzuki Samurai JX (long wheel base). It is almost entirely stock. Hope to find some friends here to help me get my Samurai looking and driving better. My 1st plan is to try to find a lift kit and larger tires. I don't want to make a rock crawler with it just a decent 4x4 for getting down the back roads to work and go hunting. I suppose I will end up needing to change the gears in my transfer case as well. Any info anyone can share with me as to the best places to get parts for this stuff and what sort of stuff would be best would be much apprieciated.

G

·
Welcome. There is a lot of good info on the site for Samurai's to help you with your build as well as some great people who are always willing to offer advice/assistance :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welcome, I have a LWB samurai as well. Post up some pics! A breeze spring over lift, crossover steering, 31's, rear lockrite locker and a 4.9 ish transfer case setup would work very well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is my LWB when I first got it about a month ago. It hasn't been nice enough weather here yet to really do too much to it. I did however find the time to take the tops off yesterday and go for a short drive topless. The top is back on again though, I hope to try to make my own soft top for it this spring sometime. I am currently dealing on some YJ jeep springs to put under it. I have a CNC plasma and cut my own brackets, etc. Just need to find some spare time.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ah, remember that pic from another forum somewhere. What does your rear spring mount that you made look like since the LWB mount is different? I have YJ's too for mine at some point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It took me a few tries to get the picture to show up, but it shows up on the forum now I think. At least on my computer it is. I havn't acutally cut out my brackets for YJs yet. I just have the plans that others have used for the regular wheel bases. I figure I will have to make something up once I get under the samurai and have a closer look at what I am dealing with. I haven't been able to find anyone that has a LWB with YJs yet to find out what they did. I hope to do a build write up once I start working on it. I have a friend who is a journeyman welder and a journeyman mechanic, so I think we will get something figured out.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I've done quite a bit of research on LWB's with YJ's and found a few guys that did it. Maybe just email me directly at ruby7699 at yahoo.com and I can send you some pics.

·
Registered
125 Posts
if you want some help with that truck message Zukifreek, he had 2 or 3 of them the last i saw his place (of LWB, dont know how meny normal samurais he owns....)
he really knows his stuff.

oh and man thats a clean rig... i envy you...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts