BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
well, first off, the ride is one hundred percent better. the difference is unreal how it smooths out bumps now, as opposed to the bonejarring ride it had before(and flex!). of course there's more body roll etc, but so what?
I made my perches, if you find a piece of 3x5or6 rectangular tubing , you just whomp a hole through it( it think it's 3 and a quarter inches) then cut it in half and you have two perches, of whatever length you want.
I hear you can also just go to a dodge dealer and get perches for a d60 that fit well for the front.
turning the knuckles and shackle reversals are the other things that come up, if you have the 300 bucks or can do it yourself, rotate the knuckles! you can end up with a few extra degrees of positive castor, which is really nice to stabilize the beast. stock castor is about 1 degree, which is really piss all. the other bonus of course, is the driveshaft will thank you for it.
steve tetu in coquitlam can get you rotated knuckle housing, perches on and set, steering stops relocated, fill plugs moved, and a big ol' axle truss, and I think with core it was about 300 bucks, which seemed like a pretty good deal to me. and so much easier than any other route(theres more than enough other stuff to do)
I have cv's front and rear, and it drives smoothly in 2and 4 at any speed.
there's a lot of good right ups on this on the net, I'm sure you've checked some of them out pirate has a good one, woody's IH8MUD has another, maybe a few even, so check them out if you havent already.
well, hope that helps a bit,
good luck
ryan

------------------
nothin that works

·
1,269 Posts
If you're putting your leafs on top of the axles, aren't you going a bit past the point where you care how it rides?

------------------
I'd tell you about my truck but you probably wouldn't believe me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts