BC 4x4 Forums banner

Spring Over

913 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Shogunator 
#1 ·
The truck I currently have has a 5" lift (1.5" body, 1.5" shackles, and 2" leafs) on it. I'm looking to take that off and upgrade to a spring over.

I need new leafsprings anyways, so I was thinking of getting 4 rear Sami leafs to go around. What do I need other than the leafs? I seem to remember needed some pearch, but not sure what for...

#4 ·
Goof,
I'm not wanting to offend you but if you're asking those questions you may want to think about having someone do it for you. There is a lot more to a SPOA then just a set of perches especially if you're wanting to put rear leaves in the front. How do I know? 'Cause I've done 15 or so SPOA and done the YJ/CJ/rear sami spring swaps more than a few times. It's up to you but I remember how much of a learning curve there is to getting a good product at the end of the process.

Just a thought. I don't want to discourage you only to point you in the right direction.

Goodluck :)

#5 ·
Goof said:
The truck I currently have has a 5" lift (1.5" body, 1.5" shackles, and 2" leafs) on it. I'm looking to take that off and upgrade to a spring over.

I need new leafsprings anyways, so I was thinking of getting 4 rear Sami leafs to go around. What do I need other than the leafs? I seem to remember needed some pearch, but not sure what for...
Also to put rears up front you will be cutting of the stock perches and re-locating or doing shackle reverse at same time = welding to frame= busted at vehicle inspection unless its VERY cosmetically appealing or certified welds

#6 ·
Woke Up Dead - It rides pretty rough, but what do you expect from a 4x4? I'm not sure if I'm selling the body lift with it or not, but I was thinking around the $300 range.

Shogunator - No offence, I'm one step ahead of you :D I already know a guy that has done a lot of them and is doing it for me.

Swamp Monster - Thanks for the info, good to know.

What are peoples opinions on rear leafs in the front? Is it worth the VI hassle?

#7 ·
just get a guy that has hios wleding ticket.
rears up front? a good mod, but a better mod if you are thinking flex and a nicer ride would be the wrangler's out of a 4 cyl yj? tj?
that is the best spring swap, without going nuts, for a sammy!
just a couple things to think about!

#8 ·

Good...
That's a smart guy!

Rears in the front: If it's done right then it won't be a hassle. Just take a look at some of the other trucks that have swapped to different springs (the sport trucks show is coming up soon and that's a good place to scope ideas) and pick the cleanest least offencive (or noticeable) way to mount the springs. If your guy has done SPOA then chances are he's done this mod too so ask him... ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.