BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a set of front springs for an 82 f150 , I was wondering if the older solid axle fronts(Bronco) have the same springs or basicly the same? Any help would be great!:confused:

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
The springs from a pre 80 F150/Bronco would work if you modified the spring pocket on the ttb arm...the springs on your truck taper in at the bottom and is held in place by one bolt whereas on the pre-80 trucks it hase 2 bolts that thread into the radius arm...look for springs from 80-96 Ford if you don't want to fabricate new lower coil pockets/retainer thingys. Spring rates will differ depending on the truck for example supercab vs. reg cab...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the help! what would be the heaviest (stock) spring I could put in the truck as I have a big winch and bumper?

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
BeerBaron666 said:
Thanx for the help! what would be the heaviest (stock) spring I could put in the truck as I have a big winch and bumper?
You could get springs from 80-96 F150 Supercab with a V8...if the ride hieght is out you could get some one to fab up a spacer for the coil or lower the coil bucket. Just remember that your change the steering geometry when you change coil heights or coil bucket position. Only the outside of the axle is being lowered, and the pivot points remain the same causing your camber (a lot) and caster (little) to change. You can by adjustment bushings to fix but I would go with more than 1.5" to stay on the safe side!

·
Registered
155 Posts
E 250/350 coils or f250/350 2wd Got some if you want. they should be about 2" taller than your stock.With a winch they should be about right.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
2bit said:
E 250/350 coils or f250/350 2wd Got some if you want. they should be about 2" taller than your stock.With a winch they should be about right.
Actually my dad has some f250 2wd cargo coils (progressive rate) for sale that could work...never thought of that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts