BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my 38's are sitting here on my shop floor and I need to gain a couple of inches as well as some trimming to fit them. What I was thinking of doing is putting in a full length add-a-leaf as well as a little cheater leaf on the bottom of the pack up front for 2" more. Now with my current 4" springs my spring rate is about 350lb/in if I throw in the add-a-leaf then it will go up to 400lb/in. How much stiffer will this be? Right now the truck weighs in at 7070lbs and rides well, and I will be adding a 12,000lb winch with in the next 8 months.

JP

·
Registered
358 Posts
I've got a 3000lb camper and thought what a good way to get some lift and handle some heavier loads. My front bumper with winch weighs in at 300lbs. My front end was sagging.
Solution, I'll add a leaf in every corner and to get some lift I'll have the springs re-arched.
Got to say that now when I put my camper on I only drop about 2 inches. Sagging in the front is gone.
One problem, it shakes my teeth loose. And flex went out the window. My frame flexes more than the suspension. Glad my seat is soft.
I like it but now I have to listen to my wife complain all the time.

For that reason alone, I wouldn't do it again.:rolleyes:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts