BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of luck have you guys had with rearcing your springs? Is it worth the money? How much did it cost? And where did you get it done?

I have 4" ProComp springs and the rear ones are sagging pretty bad. I can't afford to get new ones right now, and I don't really want to add a leaf.

Thanks....

------------------
Leanne
'95 YJ : enough lift, big tires, and too much other junk to list :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
i had called a spring shop in abby, and the guy said for 4 stock jeep springs to be re arched it would cost around 400 to 550 bux.
i didn't think that was worth it. since you have lift springs it would probebly cost more.anywho there is a place in abbotsford called the abbotsford spring shop, they are in the book.

ian

·
Registered
690 Posts
Originally posted by ipatrick:
i had called a spring shop in abby, and the guy said for 4 stock jeep springs to be re arched it would cost around 400 to 550 bux.
i didn't think that was worth it. since you have lift springs it would probebly cost more.anywho there is a place in abbotsford called the abbotsford spring shop, they are in the book.

ian
That is WAY TOO MUCH MONEY!!!!! for 4 springs. I had my rears re-arced and an extra two leafs added to give me a 4" lift. That cost $175 including all u-bolts and nuts. I had mine done a Coast Spring and Axle in Langley.

Another place that might be a little more $ but a nicer ride would be T&S Suspension in Langley as well. Coast didnt use any teflon pads on mine or new leaf wraps. When I Talked with Dave there, he said he could have given me a better ride for just less than $200.

I have had mine for about 3yrs now and would guess they have only sagged .5" at most. They were pretty stiff for the first 1.5yrs but have softened up nicely now. They also have some pretty good flex for a 6-pack. I have also had them weighted down pretty good a couple times as well. I was initailly told not to do a re-arc because they will sag back to normal in no time and you will lose your ride quality. I disagree and think its a good cost effective way to get a lift or better ride.

But since you are only re-arcing and not adding I wouldnt think it would cost more than $125/pair

HTH

Ryan

------------------
'88 MJ ~6" Lift. 4.10 fr&rr, 33" Mud King XT

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!! I am going to call around and see what kind of prices I can get.

Someone else told me to call Scott Springs in Surrey. Anyone dealt with them?

------------------
Leanne
'95 YJ : enough lift, big tires, and too much other junk to list :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts