BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys well today I replaced the starter contacts on my 85 toyota-everything went smoothly taking it out and putting in the new ones-but when I went to re-install it the rubber boot that goes over the battery contact side(I think its the battery one)wont fit over the lip and stay on-it now just falls off and wont keep any contact with the screw-So now the truck wont turn over at all. Anyone have any ideas on how to get this thing to stay on???
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks alot!-Brett

------------------
85 Yota- 33 inch Thornbirds,3 inch trailmaster susp lift, smittybuilt bush bar,roll bar,8 offroad lights,insane pioneer stereo with 2 JL-10 inch subs in custom box,K&N air,new engine and of course a good'ol CB radio
-TRUCKS ARE MEANT TO BE RAISED NOT LOWERED-

·
Registered
183 Posts
eletrical tape or silicone

------------------
81 bronco, 35" mud kings, 6 inch lift , 1 inch body lift,ALARM, cb.
8000lb warn winch.
OH DID I MENSION I HAVE AN alarm!?
AND THIS TRUCK IS FOR SALE

·
Registered
183 Posts
eletrical tape or silicone

------------------
81 bronco, 35" mud kings, 6 inch lift , 1 inch body lift,ALARM, cb.
8000lb warn winch.
OH DID I MENSION I HAVE AN alarm!?
AND THIS TRUCK IS FOR SALE

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks-I figured i could try something like that.Any other ideas????
Brett

------------------
85 Yota- 33 inch Thornbirds,3 inch trailmaster susp lift, smittybuilt bush bar,roll bar,8 offroad lights,insane pioneer stereo with 2 JL-10 inch subs in custom box,K&N air,new engine and of course a good'ol CB radio

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The starter is making a smalll clicking noise every few secoonds-at least I think its coming from the starter-dammit its dark out-Any help would be great
Thanks again-Brett

------------------

·
Registered
193 Posts
it's clicking while the motor is running? Thats messed. The starter doesn't have power to it unless you are turning the key to start it. When you turn the key the gear end shoots like an inch out and engages the flywheel.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No not while the motor is running-I just fooled around with it for a while and put it back in and now it is turning over fine-I guess it just needed a little re-working to get it going.
Thanks for all the reply's guys!
Brett

------------------

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.