BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i turn my key i get nothing, and when i let it go i get a click. I was wondering if ther is a starter rebuild kit for it. oh yeah 22r 5-speed i dont want to spend all that much money on it. it dosnt really mater how long it lasts. i just need to be able to move it around at my shop so i finish all my body work. once it is out of the body shop it is getting a small block chevy. lordco said that they dont have a kit. does anybody have a spare starter for cheap
thanks

------------------
85 toyota 7" lift 35s, Rolled grad camping 3 days after I painted it

·
Registered
75 Posts
just pull your starter off and check the copper contacts inside. All you have to do is get the starter contacts from Lordco. They're cheap. Usually about $5 and it takes no time to change. The copper contacts are usually worn on older Yotas. Your Haynes manual will give you step by step procedures.

------------------
Peter
82 Toy, 31" 10.5's, header, Flowmaster, K&N, but still pretty stock

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks i thought that you could rebuild it but the guy at lordco said they did make parts?¿

------------------
85 toyota 7" lift 35s, Rolled grad camping 3 days after I painted it

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yup very easy to change your starter contacts. Just remove the casing-pull out the plunger(take some fine sand paper and sand the plunger rod and surface a bit)
Then remove the 2 contacts and just make sure to remember the order they go in cause the haynes book dose not show or explain it very well. Put in the new ones and close everything up and put it back in the truck. It costs like $4.50 at Lordco here and thats if your not a club member.

Very simple

------------------
85 Yota- 33 inch Thornbirds,3 inch trailmaster susp lift, smittybuilt bush bar,roll bar,8 offroad lights,insane pioneer stereo with 2 JL-10 inch subs in custom box,K&N air,new engine and of course a good'ol CB radio
-TRUCKS ARE MEANT TO BE RAISED NOT LOWERED-

·
Registered
277 Posts
hello
this is the parts number for lordco.

wilson parts
45-29-6521 contact set they only cost me for the 2 sets 6.65.
at lordco hope this helps you out.

I would buy at least 2 set one to fix you're starter now and then one to throw in you're glovebox for a later date

...sean

------------------
[email protected]
81 toyo
not much but it's my toy
it's never let me down EVER or should i say until my wife drove in!!
remember what we go in with we must come out with even if it is just parts !!

[This message has been edited by udermind? (edited January 31, 2002).]

·
Registered
15 Posts
IF YOUR STILL STUCK TAKE THE STARTER TO DUNDEE AUTO ELECTRIC ON THE LANGLEY BY PASS
IN LANGLEY. HE CAN MONKEY IT UP FOR YOU .
AT A CHEAP PRICE. HE DID MINE FOR 25.00

LARRY

Originally posted by Jamie Smith:
when i turn my key i get nothing, and when i let it go i get a click. I was wondering if ther is a starter rebuild kit for it. oh yeah 22r 5-speed i dont want to spend all that much money on it. it dosnt really mater how long it lasts. i just need to be able to move it around at my shop so i finish all my body work. once it is out of the body shop it is getting a small block chevy. lordco said that they dont have a kit. does anybody have a spare starter for cheap
thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts