BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that the road down to Starvation from the hwy is just a flat steep road now and the steps are gone. Does anyone know what is planned for that area, it's still gated at the top and blocked at the tracks.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Patrick, how the hell are ya. I guess I'll take a run up and see for myself. Someone said a forrestry truck got stuck up there but what would a forrestry truck be doing there other than fishing and wasting my money.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Robin! Not sure what you would get stuck on now! I hope it's for hydro access to the lines and not some development..... We will have to get out soon sometime. :beer
Patrick... Give me a shout if you want to head out sometime, I'm good to go pretty much any day of the week, you can teach me how to fly fish.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys gimme a shout if your gonna go for a rip up to startvation id love to check it out.
Sorry Dan, I went up this morning and didn't see your post. The trail now down to Starvation from the highway is a rough 2wd, the stairs are gone now. There is a gate just off the highway but I don't really see any point to it as there is nothing going on there. I think that they must have been working on some of the transmission towers as some of them look like they have some shiny new bits on them.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats ok Robin dont be sorry just dont do it again , hahah so can you actually drive to the lake now or are there gates on both sides?
The only gate is off the Highway, the tracks are blocked but good so NO crossing there.
I'm headed up to the Okanagan tomorrow for 4 or 5 days to do some camping and wheeling around Oliver and Apex. Lets hook up when I get back and try some of the stuff around the highway entrance to Starvation, I've seen a bunch of what look like hidden roads and who knows where they'll lead to. Later.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.